News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC1 Garage MOD

Started by JBasco20, September 14, 2009, 10:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBasco20

i need to get a garage mod for my SMF 2.0 RC1 ????

Arantor

What would a garage mod do, exactly?

JBasco20

it would do what this one does hxxp:www.smfgarage.com/ [nonactive] but that one does not work with 2.0RC1

Arantor

Ask the developers if they plan to develop for 2.0 any time soon.

It isn't a common mod.

JBasco20

they havent annouced any plans and i want to get something up ASAP any suggestions?

Arantor

Well, either they give someone the permission to port it to 2.0 (which, given that RC2 is currently being worked on, means a lot of rewriting anyway), or someone writes it from scratch for 2.0.

In short: it isn't going to happen too quickly whatever way it happens. You might be able to get someone to do it for you as a paid development, but that's going to be costly as it's not a general purpose mod, and is also going to take more than a little while to write.

roomeat

The original developer has not shown any sign of life for a long long time now.
In fact.. the smfgarage.com website has been over run with spam bots and spam posts.
If someone else could update this mod.. it would be fantastic.
It's the one and only mod that I wanted when I convert from phpbb to SMF.
We were not given dreams, without also being given the power to achieve them.

vbgamer45

It is under GPL so somebody could pick it up. What is left to do with the mod?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

roomeat

vbgamer45

It is a very large mod I would but I don't know enough about the garbage mod or cars in general to really take it on.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

* Arantor would point out that GPL code is incompatible with SMF's licence unless the original (original) author allows it to be dual licenced.

slvreagl

I run the SMF Garage mod on my site and cant upgrade to SMF 2.X until Garage is compatable with it, or a new mod is created.

I would really like to see this happen :) Hopefully others will post up to show a demand for this mod!

DoctorMalboro

I wish i can help, but i can't be sue again

* DrHouse  doesn't have money for a lawyer
;D

vbgamer45

I can probably get it working but need to see a demand for it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dry3210

I use it on 1.1.11 and am hoping to see it converted over to  2.0 RC3

roomeat

there is plenty of demand for this.. it's just that most of us have given up hope of it being converted lol.
Not sure what it is about this mod.. as it's the same problem with the phpBB version (fine with phpbb2.. but forget about it on phpbb3) :(

Arantor

It's most likely the fact it is actually more limited in demand than people seem to believe - I seem to recall seeing only a handful of requests in most of the last year.

Liam.

I wouldn't use this myself but it seems like an epic mod, and who would want to let that die? I'll see about updating it next week to work with 2.0 RC3, since I have alot of spare time on my hands, and then see if they'll take the updated version to put up...

dry3210

Quote from: iKorp on April 10, 2010, 09:04:12 PM
I wouldn't use this myself but it seems like an epic mod, and who would want to let that die? I'll see about updating it next week to work with 2.0 RC3, since I have alot of spare time on my hands, and then see if they'll take the updated version to put up...

Nice!

kizer

I run a Jeep site so I would have HUGE interest in it myself.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

Advertisement: