SMF 2.0 RC1 Garage MOD

Started by JBasco20, September 14, 2009, 10:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRasco

I did just figure out the wonderful people at SMF changed some things in the template from version 2.0 RC3 to 2.0 Gold.  So.....I get to go through every page and update the one div they added.  It's okay, there are only about x3904820938409823 instances of this style in SMF Garage.
Vehicle Management System for SMF - SMFGarage.com

dsantana

Oh and that's the version I just upgraded to as well...
My test forum is the new release but my real forum is RC3... maybe I need to redo my test forum back to RC3. I think I have the download still...
SMF 2.0 | VJB2.0 Custom Theme | Simple Portal 2.3.3

RRasco

I made all the 2.0 changes on an RC3 installation.  The current package I have for download, will not install on 2.0 Gold without modification.  I have made the necessary updates but not released that package yet...waiting for more feedback so I can include all the fixes in one package.  Fortunately I noticed the template issues and I'll be making those updates before the next package as well.

RRasco

So where is everyone with their feedback?  I know there are more bugs...

teamvtec

I just posted some more bugs on your forum  :-X

Stigmartyr

Just started using it - got a wide user base, I'm making note of all the bugs.  One major thing lacking though seems to be a way for nubs to show certain garage features in blocks (simple portal, etc.)

RRasco

You can use SSI to add blocks to portals, etc.

pugcab

IS this project still ongoing ?

I used smfgarage on my old forum,  Ive just gone to smfgarage.com to download it for my new site and the website  has gone

Any Ideas  :-\

live627

Maybe it was a temporary downtime. Up now.

pugcab

Im still not seeing the website, all i get is

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available

The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site

RRasco

I'm not aware the site was down, but it's entirely possible.  It appears to be working now...

Wh1teLeopard

Just wanted to say I appreciate the hard work RRasco
:)

I think it superb as well that I was able to completely restore all the vehicles and data from the previous versions.
www.keikarsinthepark.co.uk - The annual meet for kei car owners.

RRasco

Thanks, glad you find it useful.

babyfiats

Quote from: RRasco on November 20, 2011, 02:28:44 PM
I'm not aware the site was down, but it's entirely possible.  It appears to be working now...
Still not working.  I can access the forum but I am unable to logon, logon page is blank!

jjzx2sr

This thing ever going to get fixed for SMF 2.0.2 was one of my fav mods.
If it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer.

live627

Yes, and it has been for a while.

BigMike

Any updates? As much as I pushed this mod and even donated to the cause I haven't installed it yet and was hoping to do so over this upcoming weekend. So I'm here checking for updates when I see jjzx2sr's comment that it won't work on SMF 2.0.2 :(

Are they just some simple errors that we can fix ourselves? I'll take a stab at it regardless and will let you guys know if I can get it to work or not.

Regards,
BigMike

BigMike

Quote from: jjzx2sr on October 13, 2012, 09:37:55 AM
This thing ever going to get fixed for SMF 2.0.2 was one of my fav mods.

Quote from: BigMike on October 30, 2012, 11:04:51 AM
Are they just some simple errors that we can fix ourselves? I'll take a stab at it regardless and will let you guys know if I can get it to work or not.

Hey jjzx2sr,

I just manually installed this on my SMF 2.0.2 using SMF Garage 2.2 and it's working great. I've tested most of the functionality and so far everything seems to be working great. I had no idea how MASSIVE this mod is - RRasco that is a lot of coding work Sir!

Like other mods I've seen recently, there were a few changes needed to the database installed in order for it to be ran stand-alone (for a manual installation), but I'm wondering, jjzx2sr, what issues you experienced? I'll try to provide any assistance I can- My only guess is that the upgrade process isn't compatible with SMF 2.0.2?

For the database installer to be executed by itself, here are two things I had to do.

1) Add this to the beginning. I added it starting at line number 22:
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI_Garage.php');
global $txt, $smcFunc, $db_prefix, $modSettings, $project_version, $addSettings, $permissions, $tables, $sourcedir;

Notes:
- I wasn't sure what globals were needed so I just added a bunch
- I'm not sure if the Garage includes are needed but I required them just in case

2) Then, for some reason I was getting an error saying the database name wasn't given or something like that, on this line:
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', 'SHOW TABLES LIKE "{db_prefix}garage_config"');

... and because I am installing this from scratch I know I don't have any Garage tables so I just removed the db checking to get around this error:
// Check for config table in database
//$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', 'SHOW TABLES LIKE "{db_prefix}garage_config"');
//$installed = $smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request);

I realize there are a lot of other version checking and table updating fattening up the file but beings they won't be used anyway I just left them alone ... and that was it. I ran the file (install_db-smf2.php) and it returned a blank page without any errors and sure enough all the db tables had been created.

...and that was it. It works great! Our forum is comprised of off road 4WD users, so dyno sheets, lap times, horsepower, & insurance are irrelevant to us, and I am going to add more options, such as a list of 4WD trails each vehicle has conquered, so I've got some work to do before it goes live on my site :D

So far it looks GREAT, really Great!! Thank you RRasco for sure!!

Regards,
BigMike

snowmastergt

Has anyone been able to get this going for 2.04? I would love to be able to implement this into my site. It would be PERFECT.

RRasco

Quote from: snowmastergt on February 16, 2013, 08:47:59 PM
Has anyone been able to get this going for 2.04? I would love to be able to implement this into my site. It would be PERFECT.

I know it's been a looong time, but did it not install for you?

I'm probably not adding much to this mod but I would like to keep it working in it's latest condition for future versions of SMF so people can keep this feature.  I know it's a big part of my site, even though the community is not very active.  Hell, my site STILL doesn't run on SMF 2 much less SMF Garage 2.0.  I need to get to upgrading.

Advertisement: