News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fake 'User Online Time Threshhold'

Started by vbgamer45, September 16, 2009, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to Mod

Fake 'User Online Time Threshhold'

Original Author: s-Ace
SMF Version: 2.0.X
Mod Version: 2.0

Description:
Simple mod, gives you a option to hide the actual " user online time threshold " and display a fake one

check out screen shots for better understanding.

Why Not Visit:
http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Elmacik

Bad idea I think. While I was a local language moderator in this site, I provided a code for the same thing (about 3 years ago), but I didn't support the idea to make it a modification. Because it will help thousands to cheat; and that really not playing nice.
Home of Elmacik

sAce

Quote from: Elmacik on September 16, 2009, 10:11:43 AM
Bad idea I think. While I was a local language moderator in this site, I provided a code for the same thing (about 3 years ago), but I didn't support the idea to make it a modification. Because it will help thousands to cheat; and that really not playing nice.

how is this cheating ? and cheating what ? and there is a big difference made in last 3 year, competition now is more than ever, there are thousands of forums doing the same thing, if there is way to convince a user to sign up and join your site, i think its worth it.

and this mod is not forced, if some ones likes it use it then when you actually match the fake stats, take it of, quite simple, don't you think and fare too.

Elmacik

Calm down friend. :) I don't accuse you for anything, I just tell about my opinion. You're right its "competition" and my opinion is "telling lies" is not a good way of competing.
Home of Elmacik

sAce

Quote from: Elmacik on September 16, 2009, 01:47:36 PM
Calm down friend. :) I don't accuse you for anything, I just tell about my opinion. You're right its "competition" and my opinion is "telling lies" is not a good way of competing.

apologies for sounding rude, didnt mean it.

and i never said it is a right thing, but just saying this isn't comepletely wrong either,  may be thats why i don't use it as well :P

and to show you my appreciation , i will also give you a mod idea credit :),
now don't say no, you did came up with this earlier than me. so you deserve it.

scenerip2k

any way you can make this mod for SMF 2.0 RC1.2?

sAce

Elmacik

Quote from: S-Ace on September 16, 2009, 02:32:04 PM
and to show you my appreciation , i will also give you a mod idea credit :),

Ahh no! Don't make a me partner to your guilt! :P
Home of Elmacik

Raul Malik

Nice one...
Can u please make it for SMF 2.0 RC1.x  :-[

Hell Raiser

I think the idea you got is from the Vbulletin's Fake User Online Mod isin't it?  :P if not forgive me  :P :P
Need Help with SMF ? Ask me may be i can help you out

sAce

Quote from: Hell Raiser on September 19, 2009, 05:39:01 AM
I think the idea you got is from the Vbulletin's Fake User Online Mod isin't it?  :P if not forgive me  :P :P

no, not really , i did come up with this according to my requirement ,

but later came to know that this has been done before in smf. :D

Hell Raiser

I really not understood what it did can some explain me properly?  :P
Need Help with SMF ? Ask me may be i can help you out

sAce

collins465

hmm! am somehow confused.
can i see the screen shot of how it will look like when being used.

sAce

Quote from: collins465 on September 22, 2009, 06:50:26 AM
hmm! am somehow confused.
can i see the screen shot of how it will look like when being used.

there are screen shots attached in the mod page and in the first post of this topic

DavidCT

You don't need a mod for this.  Simply edit your LANGUAGES file(s)...

index.english.php

$txt[140] = 'Users active in past ' . $modSettings['lastActive'] . ' minutes';

change to

$txt[140] = 'Users active in past 30 minutes';

Si Force

My friend from MSN wants me to tell you that your package doesn't work aparently, if you want more information please ask me, although don't expect fast responces, etc.

Arantor

Quote from: Si Force on January 20, 2010, 12:29:04 PM
My friend from MSN wants me to tell you that your package doesn't work aparently, if you want more information please ask me, although don't expect fast responces, etc.

Why not get your friend to sign up here then he can provide details himself?

sAce

Quote from: Si Force on January 20, 2010, 12:29:04 PM

this topic is exactly for that, why dont you tell you friend to visit us here and post the error in mod

Si Force

If you insist I'll get him to sign up now.

Advertisement: