News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Modify and Color problems

Started by Blackangel, April 20, 2005, 04:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackangel

I have a forum installed but I'm having problems with it. When I click on modify anywhere I get this hxxp:ahftu.net/deadboard/index.php?action=membergroups;sa=edit;id=1 [nonactive]

I don't know what to do to fix that. Also I want to know what I need to do to change the colors of the forum around to my liking.

Oldiesmann

That URL is what you get when you click on "modify" next to "Administrator" in the Manage Membergroups section of your admin center. It shouldn't give you that URL anywhere else. Where else were you clicking on "modify"?

As far as the colors - most of that is in Themes/default/style.css
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Do you get an error message?  It may be caused by your host's security settings; most specifically, a rule imposed by an unstable "mod_security" module.

-[Unknown]

Blackangel

I tried changing the colors around in the style.css file, but everytime I reloaded the file, it never changed.

And for the modify button, every single one in the whole admin gave me that same error. :(

Gary

Try Chmodding the files to 755, if not already done so. I had this kind of problem with a PHP script I used before. Chmoding to 755 worked fine.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Oldiesmann

What colors are you trying to change? I can tell you what you need to modify if I know what area(s) you're trying to change. Also, keep in mind that some of this is done with images - all of the info boxes have background images, as do a lot of the header bars.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Blackangel

Quote from: Gazmanafc on April 21, 2005, 02:22:03 PM
Try Chmodding the files to 755, if not already done so. I had this kind of problem with a PHP script I used before. Chmoding to 755 worked fine.

This may be a large part of my problem. What is chmoding?

Gary

Chmodding is changing the permissions of the files. If you use an FTP (I personally recommend SmartFTP or WS_FTP), you can edit the permissions by selecting the files or folders, right clicking and then clicking properties, then when thats all done, then where is has three numbers (probably 644) change that to 755.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Muldoon

Hey guys, I am having a color issue and I can't figure it out, or I guess I just don't know where to look to fix it. I copied the entire default/ directory so I could tweak it to how I wanted...Anyway, I'm brand new to SMF and to messageboards in general, considering this is the first time I've ever worked with them. So...

When it comes to the 'General Category' header box (if that is the name for it), I changed the background color to #990000. A nice dark red color. Anyway, it was working for a while, then i changed my url settings for my theme url, images url, and forum url to my ip/...whatever, instead of 127.0.0.1, which is what i've had it at since I started working on it. Now I've put it back to localhost and I do not get the red color anymore, it is just the white/greyish color. I just don't know what I am doing wrong... If anyone could help me out, it would truly be appreciated.
Thank you.

Muldoon

Guys,i figured it out that the background color had a background image over it (catbg.jpg), all fixed now!

Advertisement: