News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Allow Access in Maintenance Mode

Started by SMF Customization Team, September 25, 2009, 05:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Russian translation:

// Allow Access in Maintenance Mode
$txt['permissionname_admin_maintmode'] = 'Разрешить просмотр форума во время техобслуживания';
$txt['permissionhelp_admin_maintmode'] = 'Члены этой группы смогут просматривать и использовать форум даже в режиме техобслуживания.';

Arantor

Thanks. I hope the Customization Team can add this is, since I no longer have the ability to update it (given that I originally wrote it)

Norv

Xenmorph: Really sorry for the delay on this.
I can confirm the issue. I'll be looking into it as soon as possible.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

cj82

Does this mod work with rc3? If not how can I make compatible with it?

Norv

It should work, yes. It does have a bug though (reported on some installations, not everybody experiences it), which does not depend on RC3.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

cj82

Good. I have the bug and don't understand where is the problem.

[EDIT]
The problem is in row 545 of LogInOut.php file

if (empty($maintenance) || allowedTo('admin_maintmode'))
redirectexit('action=login2;sa=check;member=' . $user_info['id'], $context['server']['needs_login_fix']);
else
redirectexit('action=logout;' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id'], $context['server']['needs_login_fix']);

In that point the user hasn't any permission ( I have a dump of $user_info: Array ( .... [permissions] => Array (
  • => calendar_view [1] => profile_view_any [2] => view_stats ) )

xKroniK13x

Sorry for the big bump.
I am trying to install this MOD to my forums. The installation works fine except my custom theme's index.template.php does not have the line
if ($context['in_maintenance'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])
in it at all.

I have manually searched for lines similar to it, and not one line in the file even says maintenance.  :o
I have tried running the forum without the lines but it does not work. It just treats it as standard maintenance mode. I have indeed modified the permissions for the group.

I am using the theme Archway on SMF 2.0RC5 if that is needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey

nukinfuts29

Any hope of this working with RC5? I have manually installed it several times, and even though i can complete every step it still will not allow my global mods (with permissions set) to access the forum in maint mode.

I saw the post two up from mine and checked that line, but i do not see what he is trying to say.

Thanks!

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: xKroniK13x on April 21, 2011, 01:33:39 PM
Sorry for the big bump.
I am trying to install this MOD to my forums. The installation works fine except my custom theme's index.template.php does not have the line
if ($context['in_maintenance'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])
in it at all.

I have manually searched for lines similar to it, and not one line in the file even says maintenance.  :o
I have tried running the forum without the lines but it does not work. It just treats it as standard maintenance mode. I have indeed modified the permissions for the group.

I am using the theme Archway on SMF 2.0RC5 if that is needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey

I have this issue too, and I'm on 2.0. From what I can see though, that line mentioned only displays notifications about it being in admin mode so it shouldnt hinder it?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

IchBin™

Exactly right Jade! That's only for where it shows those notifications in the user area of the theme. If a custom theme doesn't have that code there's no need to add the bits for this mod in that section.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: IchBin™ on July 18, 2011, 12:18:56 PM
Exactly right Jade! That's only for where it shows those notifications in the user area of the theme. If a custom theme doesn't have that code there's no need to add the bits for this mod in that section.

But it doesnt work at all... :(
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

IchBin™

Jade Elizabeth

The entire mod. I quoted someone saying that without that part in the theme the mod doesnt work.

IchBin™

So it doesn't work on a custom theme if you can't put those lines in it? Or it doesn't matter what you do, the mod doesn't even work in the default theme?

Illori

it works fine on the default theme, but if you cant find that line on a custom theme i dont think the mod will work at all.

IchBin™

The mod should still work if the template code is not found. It should still allow specified member groups access to the forum when in maintenance mode. If that is not the case, we need to look closer at the mod.

Jade Elizabeth

I think you might want to test it darls, cause I just cannot get it to work at all :(.

Illori

i have a clean smf 2.0 install, installed this mod on it, it installed cleanly. made a test account, gave that account permission to log in while in maintenance mode. put forum in maintenance mode, tried to log in with the account and it would not allow them to log in, if i take the forum out of maintenance mode and try to log in the account can log in, and i put it back in maintenance mode they stay logged in.

i even installed an older RC4 version of the mod and the test user can not log in while in maintenance mode.

IchBin™

Illori, did I read your post wrong? You are saying the mod didn't work as advertised?

I just did a test install as well, and when a member group was given permission to login while in maintenance mode, there were no problems. Once the permission was removed they weren't allowed to login as expected.

Jade, would you like me to look at this on your site?

Illori

you are correct Ich i tested it on a clean install with curve theme and it did not work at all.

Advertisement: