News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Allow Access in Maintenance Mode

Started by SMF Customization Team, September 25, 2009, 05:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

if you want to see the install i just duplicated it again on my live server, send me a message and i can let you take a look.

Illori

tested this mod with 1.1.14 the login somewhat works, but you get a "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." error upon login  if you go back [using link on the page] and refresh the page you can then see the forum.

Jade Elizabeth

What Illori's describing is exactly the problem :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

matt1122

This is not working at all for me, either. I gave Global Moderators the appropriate permission, but they just get looped back to the "Forum is in Maintenance Mode" screen when trying to log in.

Illori

IchBin i believe is trying to look further into this mod, but due to real life has not given us an update on the status.

matt1122

I'm not sure it's a problem with the modification. Without this mod installed, isn't anyone with "admin_forum" permission supposed to be able to access the forum when it's in maintenance mode? Because this wasn't working either.

Illori

this is an issue with the mod as stated above. the mod allows others access and those can not access the forum where admin can.

matt1122

Edit: Unless the session verification message is being hidden in maintenance mode, which would be horribly unhelpful...

Okay, well here's what I see looking at the modification's code: Before the changes, we're checking if the user is allowed to admin_forum. This modification adds a permission called admin_maintmode and changes all of the conditional statements to check for that permission instead of admin_forum. However, even if a usergroup has the admin_forum permission, they are not able to access the forum while in maintenance mode (with or without the mod).

This means that there is probably a second condition specified somewhere checking if the user is a member of group 1. My understanding was that admins should be able to create additional admin groups which can access the forum in maintenance mode even without this modification, but that this modification let administrators allow people to access the forum in maintenance mode without giving their group the admin_forum permission (which comes with additional privileges). Even if the checking for group 1 is intentional, then the mod needs to be changed to account for that fact.

(This is all on 2.0.)

Jade Elizabeth

Thanks to everyone looking into it :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

IchBin™

Haven't figured it out yet.. It would seem that the allowedTo() check needs to be input earlier as it's not pickup up the permission on login.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

MaNaRa

I have the smf 2.0 and this mod doesn't work to my forum...
I'm use a custom theme, any help please? Really I need it  :-\
mi versión de foro es SMF 2.0

IchBin™

This mod has been updated, and should fix the current issue of not being able to login for someone with maintenance access. Big thanks to Spuds for taking the time to figure out the problem and fixing it.

wilkolak

It looks like it doesn't work anymore @ 2.0.5. Any chance for update or help?

Cheers,
OG

IchBin™

Should still work. You just need to emulate the version number. click the advanced link in the package manager, and put in the current supported version of the mod. It should install then. If it fails, post back.

wilkolak

I didn't have problems with install. It just didn't grant acces (after setting group privileges, etc.)
I've uninstalled it and some other mods, installed again and now it works. I don't know what was the problem. Maybe I did something wrong or there were some conflicts. It works now and that's great!

Thanks!

Chris180

I just installed this and it functions 100% on 2.0.7 without emulation. The only problem I have encountered is that there is no "Remember - This forum is in 'Maintenance Mode'." message displayed.

I am not sure why. Could it be to do with the fact I switched to utf-8 British-English for the forum?

Anyway, not a huge deal, the point is the mod does work, but that text display would be very handy :).

Arantor

Your theme may not have it - not all themes do.

Chris180

Quote from: Sir Cumber-Patcher on January 31, 2014, 12:13:15 AM
Your theme may not have it - not all themes do.

I definitely has it as it shows with the main admin account, just not the 'approved accounts' so i'm not sure what the issues is :(. Again, not a huge deal but I just thought I would mention it.

LpxL

Turkish (utf8) translation

$txt['permissionname_admin_maintmode'] = 'Bakım modunda foruma girebilir';
$txt['permissionhelp_admin_maintmode'] = 'Bu seçenek kullanıcının bakım modunda forumda gezinebilmesini sağlar.';

Advertisement: