News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Firefox Bug

Started by nibb, April 21, 2005, 04:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibb

I dont now if someone already notice this, but im posting it anyway, i notice this bug for a long time now. Using Firefox as Browser the forum doesnt remembers you as user, if you put to remeber or keep logged, firefox doesnt recognize this, you have to log in again and again.

xenovanis

Works fine with me, even when I restart my computer I'm still logged in. Did you set your cookie settings to remove the cookies after you close the browser?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

ディン1031

Quote from: nibb on April 21, 2005, 04:48:54 PM
I dont now if someone already notice this, but im posting it anyway, i notice this bug for a long time now. Using Firefox as Browser the forum doesnt remembers you as user, if you put to remeber or keep logged, firefox doesnt recognize this, you have to log in again and again.

That's a real firefox problems, sometime it don't load the cookie. (Most time the problems ocurre if you imported the internet explorer cookies).
You must only restart the browser and it work again.
The new Version shouldn't have this problem any more.
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

SkyFlyer

thats why i use full fledged mozilla :)

xd3vilx

Firefox Work For Me Too...
Try Using Opera...CEO Is Swimming...

nibb

Well i have the new version, its not a big problem anyway. It only does not remeber on the homepage, on the top you appear like a visitor, but when you click on any link inside the forum, you are logged in, and it shows fine again, only the homepage has the problem. For example you go to the url of the forum and it shows you are a visitor but then you go for example to the Online visitors link or or a profile link or any link, and it shows you are logged.

[Unknown]

Try enabling "subdomain independent cookies" in Edit Features and Options and then changing the cookie name in Server Settings.

-[Unknown]

nibb

Yes that did the trick.
Great thanks.

Ride

all of the sudden I can't logon to this forum with firefox.  I've cleared my cookies multiple times.  This is most likely something with my browser I'm guessing right?

[Unknown]

Ride

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 11, 2005, 01:57:34 AM
This forum - www.simplemachines.org?

-[Unknown]

Yes.  I'm on firefox on my laptop now and don't have that problem though.  Something must have gone nuts on my one at home.  I cleared the cookies though so I'm not sure what else it could be.

jaygreentree

Quote from: Royce on August 11, 2005, 03:15:42 PM
Quote from: [Unknown] on August 11, 2005, 01:57:34 AM
This forum - www.simplemachines.org?

-[Unknown]

Yes.  I'm on firefox on my laptop now and don't have that problem though.  Something must have gone nuts on my one at home.  I cleared the cookies though so I'm not sure what else it could be.

Some times I have to delete the temporary internet files as well. (the ones that you save for offline viewing) Try that and see if it helps

Prasad007

Quote from: nibb on April 21, 2005, 04:48:54 PM

yes
it happens to me too

Uzbekistan

The proeblem is present in smf 1.1 RC1.
Quote from: [Unknown] on May 04, 2005, 05:52:02 PM
Try enabling "subdomain independent cookies" in Edit Features and Options and then changing the cookie name in Server Settings.
-[Unknown]
I can see the option for cookie names, but i can't find where i change the option of "domain dependence"?

JayBachatero

Quote from: Uzbek on November 02, 2005, 05:37:44 PM
-[Unknown]
I can see the option for cookie names, but i can't find where i change the option of "domain dependence"?

Admin > Features and Options > Use subdomain independent cookies
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Prasad007

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 04, 2005, 09:29:57 PM
Quote from: Uzbek on November 02, 2005, 05:37:44 PM
-[Unknown]

Admin > Features and Options > Use subdomain independent cookies
didnt work
my members still complain :(

mysticmind

mee too..
the page also not really 'update' .

i need to push refresh twice. or CTRL + Refresh.

what's wrong is iT?

mine smf 1.0.5

Advertisement: