News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

CSS width w/ a bgimage

Started by Dempeduck, December 05, 2003, 06:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dempeduck

<body bgcolor="#CCCCCC" text="#000000" link="#0000CC" vlink="#990066" alink="#CC0033" background="Images/watermark.jpg" bgproperties="fixed" onLoad="MM_preloadImages('Images/menu_r2_c3_f2.jpg','Images/menu_r4_c2_f2.jpg','Images/menu_r6_c4_f2.jpg','Images/menu_r8_c3_f2.jpg','Images/menu_r10_c3_f2.jpg');">

Important Stuff:

background="Images/watermark.jpg" bgproperties="fixed"

I want to make that image so the width is 100% of the screen.  I am wondering how to use the CSS width tag within the body tag.

http://www.krants.net/austin/Music/index.php if you want to see the reason why the backround must take up 100% of the screen (chances are it wont work unless you have IE, there is no other way to 'embrace and expand' other then the laggy javascript one)
"You thought the leaden winter, would bring you down forever,
But you rode upon a steam to the surface of the Sun"
--Tales of Brave Ulysses, Cream

[Unknown]

I don't think there is...

-[Unknown]

writeto

Wow your post group destroyed your table (perhaps you should add a maximum length)

[Unknown]

Those aren't well supported and it's not my post group.

-[Unknown]

Tim

So you want an image that is let's say 100Px by 100px wide to be displayed at 100%

I don't think that's possible with css...

and someone fix this width problem please.... ;)

eFishie

What the *&@#$&!! happened to the forums!?
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

Tim

it's because of the length of the html code above, this could be easely solved b adding a max uninterupted characters limit.

[Unknown]

Wrong.  It's because code boxes no longer wrap.  Even if they have spaces.

-[Unknown]

Tim

Quote from: [Unknown] on December 07, 2003, 12:24:34 AM
Wrong.  It's because code boxes no longer wrap.  Even if they have spaces.

-[Unknown]

so fix it...

Tyris

you should read the other topic on this!!

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=3385

Quote from: [Unknown] on December 07, 2003, 01:20:36 AM
In the css for the .code class, the "white-space" property has been added with a value of "pre" - this has much the same effect as "nowrap" but ALSO allows tabs to be used in the code section.

However, because it is similar to nowrap, it also adds the effect that, well obviously, lines are NOT automatically wrapped, as they usually would be by your browser.  When I investigated the possibilty of adding scrollbars to the box, I found that this only had the effect of screwing things up in Internet Explorer, despite how well it worked in Mozilla Firebird.

Tim

ugh the use of pre tags for this is stupid, get rid of them...

Tim

and another thing, I have better things to do then keeping up to date with each and every stikin' little bug reported on the big board, so don't !! me  :-\

[Unknown]

Quote from: Tim on December 07, 2003, 10:34:01 AM
ugh the use of pre tags for this is stupid, get rid of them...

So are you, shall I get rid of that too :P?

Come on, critisize all you want but don't just say "that's stupid."

-[Unknown]

Tim

Excuse me, but letting them rip up the lay-out isn't stupid?

Advertisement: