Facebook Type Chat

Started by caglezxj, October 04, 2009, 12:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caglezxj

Like the little chat box that pops up on facebook. When you see a member on and want to ask a quick question and be interactive. I know sometimes I will send a pm to find that member just logging off. So if there was a chat box like facebook it would allow you to click on their screen name and pop-up a window. Either choose go to profile or go to chat.

Arantor

No-one has developed this as far as I know, at least not on our mod site. I do seem to remember seeing one on Help Available though that was paid for IIRC.

Marcus Forsberg

I am doing this for my Facebook-mod.

JBlaze

This has been requested no less than 10 times already. Search is a wonderful tool ;D
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

caglezxj

sorry about the search but I did look back and didn't find it. I am very interested in this for my site.

Liam.

I will pay for this mod!
Also Nas, when do you hope to get it released? I think your navbar is awesome, if you mean adding it to that. Also, whatever it is - do you want a payment to 'hurry' you up?

Marcus Forsberg

Quote from: iKorp on October 05, 2009, 01:44:40 PM
I will pay for this mod!
Also Nas, when do you hope to get it released? I think your navbar is awesome, if you mean adding it to that. Also, whatever it is - do you want a payment to 'hurry' you up?

The actual chat part is being added to the navbar (which will be improved) this weekend (Not released just yet, though).

Liam.

Marcus Forsberg

Not really. Was going to release the new navbar last weekend to charter members (Without the chat ATM, though) but ran into a blocking bug which I haven't gotten around to do.

massillon

Marcus Forsberg

Development has been paused for a little while, but expect a public beta soon :)

massillon

Quote from: Nas on December 05, 2009, 03:28:49 AM
Development has been paused for a little while, but expect a public beta soon :)

Would be honored to be a tester for you! 

Liam.

I can't wait for this mod, seems epic from what I gather :)

kingkingston

I will test it out if you need someone to :)

derby

LATEST JOB VACANCIES

www.derbhotjobs.com

massillon

Anything coming on this?  I think this kind of thing would be a HUGE feature to SMF and could draw some more boards to go with SMF.

Marcus Forsberg

Once it's done, I'll post here.

Chair

I know how to get the Cometchat bar working for SMF, if you like I can help, but you'll most likely have to pay for it first, from www.cometchat.com

The slight problem is that only the Vbulletin 1.1 cometchat will work with SMF

You can view a demo at www.speedscapers.com

(it can work for 2.0 RC2 as well, just takes some time)

Sentinel [AF]

Quote from: Chair on December 28, 2009, 03:15:51 PM
I know how to get the Cometchat bar working for SMF, if you like I can help, but you'll most likely have to pay for it first, from www.cometchat.com

The slight problem is that only the Vbulletin 1.1 cometchat will work with SMF

You can view a demo at www.speedscapers.com

(it can work for 2.0 RC2 as well, just takes some time)

I tried integrating this earlier using the code from sleepy/nad on my smf 2.x forum but the problem is I can't install ultimate profile or tp due to having a custom coded profile page and using simple portal. :)

I was wondering how I can make cometchat use the online members rather than buddies or at least be able to use the basic buddy list in the smf_members.buddy_list ...

I haven't coded in about a year and tbh I seem to have forgotten a lot of it and it's currently giving me a nasty headache. :P

If you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Taaa Senti. =)

Forum: http://alternatingfrequencies.com/2b4/

Guest (producer account)
username: DeWakieMon
password: Guest6776

Advertisement: