Child Board post count on Index

Started by phatuis, October 06, 2009, 02:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phatuis

Hey, I want to have my Child Boards post count integrated into my normal Boards post count, like follows:

Category - General
    Forum - Discussion - Post Count is 5
        Child Board - Games - Post count is 6

Where it sais Post Count and Topic count for Discussion, the Forum, I want it to include all of the Child Board's as well, thanks.

Yigal

Do you mean this setting?

Admin Panel -> Boards -> Settings -> "Count child's posts in parent's totals"
Yigal V.
Contact me by PM

do yourself a favour and not annoy support helpers by spamming or messaging for support
1.x Support | 2.x Support | 5Mods

H

Do you require any further assistance with this?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Estrates

I would like some help with this

I see the total count the child board, but would like to get

Forum             (1)
Child board1    (2)
Child board1    (17)
Child board1    (5)
Child board1    (41)

I know admin you can get a total but individually is what im looking for anyone got the code or hack for this?

Thanks all

kassit

Hi

I enabled "Count child's posts in parent's totals" but it only shows post in first parent.
Current view in home page is :

Forum
    Parent   ----- nothing here
         L1child    10
             L2child  7
             L2child  3
         L1child    3
             L2child  3

I want parent to show 13 but don't show anything.

Illori

by default and there is no mod, smf will only count the first child board in the parents total, to add more then that one in the totals will slow down the forum greatly, so no way to fix this otherwise.

imno007

I would like to have an accurate topics count on the index page too. One of my main parent boards, for example, shows a topic count of 3,000+ on the index page, which  is a long way from the actual almost 14,000 topics in that board. I've been looking for a solution to this and the excuse that smf will index only child boards one level down for performance reasons is a little tired. Are we to believe that smf is coded worse than other forum platforms that DO allow you to do this by default? I've got an IPB 3.1 forum too, which does an accurate topic count on the index page, and I've got it running like a charm, so I don't see any reason why I couldn't do the same with smf (which is certainly less resource hungry than IPB). This should be an administrative option for the forum owner/admin, not a "this is the way it is, we do it for your own good" deal.  ;)

Advertisement: