News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Personal Message to Groups

Started by Arantor, October 08, 2009, 01:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3fifty

Any updates for 2.0.1 coming down the line?

GL700Wing

Hi,

Great mod - I've had it installed on my forums (production and test) for a couple of years now.

I was wondering if it is possible, in a future release, to configure the membergroup permissions for this mod as follows:
Send group private messages to own membergroups
Send group private messages to all membergroups

Basically I would like to have the option to only allow members to send messages to the others in the same membergroups they belong to but also retain the ability to give moderators the option to send messages to any membergroup configured for group messages.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Arantor

That's a fairly large rewrite for it.

GL700Wing

Quote from: Arantor on July 29, 2012, 09:10:21 AMThat's a fairly large rewrite for it.
Oh well - no harm in asking.  Thanks anyway for your reply.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

sunniexdayzz

Hi!

Will there be an update for 2.0.4 compatibility!?

Thanks!

xxxTristamxxx

Hi
I download your mod and I want to know where to I go to access it or setup.  I check my admin area and I don't see anything in the usergroups.

I am using 2.0.4 SMF for FYI.  Thanks

Arantor

Did you see the pictures on the mod page, which are quite detailed as to where to go?

xxxTristamxxx

None of the features come up when I am in my message section and I want to send a message?  I am using 2.04 smf so I assume I have compatability issues?  This is my message after install the mod.

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

So I guess I am out of lock on this one...any thing else I can do?

Arantor

DieGoO

Is there any way to add the option to send Personal Messages to post count groups also?

Arantor

I do remember that it was done very intentionally, rather than just 'because', and the code is quite explicit about it excluding them. I even wrote in the mod's description that they were excluded, but I don't remember why that was.

GamePersia

Kindly update to 2.0.7 smf version !!

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Biology Forums

QuoteIt is possible to limit which groups are possible recipients of such PMs, meaning you can remove administrators and other groups from the list, as well as setting permissions on who can send to groups.

How do you do that? We can I find the options? Had this installed along time again, now I forgot how to work it.

Risto_Jääskeläinen

Translation to Finnish:

/Arantor:PM_to_Groups; suomennos RJ/2015
$txt['groups_can_pm'] = 'YV voidaan lähettää tälle ryhmälle';
$txt['pm_group_to'] = 'Ryhmälle';
$txt['permissionname_pm_to_group'] = 'Lähetä yksityisviestejä kokonaisille jäsenryhmille';
$txt['permissionhelp_pm_to_group'] = 'Tämän ryhmän jäsenten sallitaan lähettää yksityisviestejä yhdelle tai useammalle jäsenryhmälle';
$txt['show_groups'] = 'Näytä jäsenryhmät';
$txt['hide_groups'] = 'Piilota jäsenryhmät';

Those lines seem to work in file Modifications.finnish-utf8.php

Arantor

Thanks :) I'll include it when I get chance to do an update.

Gwenwyfar

Translation for Portuguese (brazilian):

$txt['groups_can_pm'] = 'Pode enviar MPs para este grupo';
$txt['pm_group_to'] = 'Enviar para grupo';
$txt['permissionname_pm_to_group'] = 'Enviar mensagens privadas para grupos inteiros';
$txt['permissionhelp_pm_to_group'] = 'Permite que os usuários neste grupo enviem mensagens privadas para um ou mais grupos de membros';
$txt['show_groups'] = 'Mostrar grupos';
$txt['hide_groups'] = 'Esconder grupos';
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

aegersz

Hi, i have installed this correctly and without errors (test system) after setting my system to 2.0.4 BUT my Send message page looks exactly like it did before.

Does it work with the Enhanced PM System ?

What do you think might be the problem ?

EDIT/later: my fault, i didn't check any boxes for "Can send PMs to this group".

all good !
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

SMiFFER

Nice mod. Nice idea. Good work - but I have these errors coming up:

a) when trying to use the Package Manager (I use SMF 2.0.12) I get:
http://abload.de/img/error133uej.jpg
and no further hint as to what EXACTLY is wrong. Archive is okay, downloaded it 4 times!

b) when trying to parse the manual install for 2.0.12 from the original download-page(http://abload.de/img/error2oyuq2.jpg)
then that does not work either and I get:
http://abload.de/img/error2bycqsr.jpg
again without any further information

May I (now that I am somehow stuck) kindly ask the author to add support for 2.0.12
(as has been done for 2.0.4. what I conclude from the changelog) ?

Best greetings!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Gwenwyfar

"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: