News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Show Me The Money... Help w/ Paid Subscriptions

Started by C4G-TK, October 11, 2009, 08:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4G-TK

Now that I got your attention  ;D

I have gone into Admin Control Panel and under the Core Features I have Paid Subscriptions enabled.  (got the green light)

I went into Admin Control Panel and under Members selected Paid Subscriptions.
Once inside, I went to Settings.  I have it set to INFORM ON ALL AUTOMATIC SUBSCRIPTION CHANGES and left the box below blank because I only want the emails to go to my Admin emails.  I have the currency set to US .  Then, I typed in my PayPal address in the bottom box and hit SAVE!

Finally, I went and copied the URL to my subscriptions.php file and clicked on the text inside the You can edit the link for paypal directly, by clicking here. which took me to PayPal where I pasted the URL into the IPN notification url and checked ENABLED to receive messages.

Now, I just go back and create the Paid Subscriptions on the forum and that is it, correct?

-img removed-

greyknight17

Sounds about right. Have someone send you a small payment as a test to confirm ;)

C4G-TK

Is there a way or feature that automatically sends the person who subscribes an email confirmation when they do this?  Like an automated THANK YOU?

-img removed-

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm not sure about the e-mail, but it could surely be done as a mod if it's not available already I think.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

C4G-TK

Well, I received $100 last night/today from two members.

- I created 6 different paid subscriptions for two membergroups that were made.
     - 3 of these subscriptions were supposed to put the member into 1 specific membergroup which it did not do automatically.
     - 3 of these subscriptions were supposed to put the member into 1 other specific membergroup which it did not which it did not do automatically.

In the email account associated with my forum name, I received the following message:
TK2012,

The following error occurred when processing a paid subscription
---------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.

In the email account associated with my PayPal account, I received the following messages:
One email from the one contributor via PayPal saying Payment received
One email from PayPal saying Payment Successful from the other contributor

The errors received in my Error Log are attached.

The forum members did not receive any email from the forum stating anything after the payment processed and completed despite creating a message in each subscription that I made.

-img removed-

H

Do you still require help with this?
If so is the problem fixed in 2.0 RC2 public?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

C4G-TK

I am still getting the same problem, but I'm going to wait until I upgrade to RC2.0 and see how things are then.  I'm just waiting on the mods that I currently use to be upgraded to RC2 first before making the switch.  I'm patient and I don't mind doing things manually for now.

-img removed-

H

Ok. Please let us know if the problem continues after you upgrade :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Bone Head

Hi
I have installed version 2 RC 2 and it isnt working for me.

I just got an email back saying: Member,

Not sure If it is with my setup but it 'seemed' to work OK and I have been charged.

Thanks for a great piece of software though, its looking good!

Bone Head

Bone Head

I hate bumping things but I cant get this working any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Elff

I'm having an issue in RC2
I just got the following email to my admin
Member,

I did get a paypal notification of money received though

I checked and the person who made the payment did not get moved to the appropriate group.

So I had to manually add them to a subscription and manually put them into the one group

So it's not working right in the latest version of SMF.

Thanks

greyknight17

Sorry for the late reply. Is this issue resolved? If not, did you go into the subscription settings and click on the link for the IPN settings to set it up and see if it helps?

Stigmartyr

Quote from: greyknight17 on February 18, 2010, 04:14:52 PM
Sorry for the late reply. Is this issue resolved? If not, did you go into the subscription settings and click on the link for the IPN settings to set it up and see if it helps?

I have verified all my settings are correct, which aren't that many in my version of SMF (RC2).  But I get email errors with: Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type

I get the money just fine, but the member doesn't get their membergroup assigned automatically like it should.

Is there a fix for this?

ih8pavement

QuoteMember,

Regards,
The IH8 Pavement - Off Road News and Forums (Jeep, 4x4, ATV, Motorcycle) Team.

Same problem.  I think my first subscriber had no problems.  The second one I had to manually put him into a different membergroup.  Third one looks like he had to try a few times for it to go through.  Just got this error today though.

Stigmartyr

Any update from anyone that the issue is under investigation or the bug will be solved?  Im about to go live with a subscription package and I'm glad now that its caught, because if I manually update them, that defeats the purpose of automatic renewal

numus

I found out what is doing it i think.. when you set it up as a reoccuring payment, it doesn't give you teh shipping options and everything.. the ones it automatically works for do not select reoccuring payment

Disable the ability to renew and it should work fine

SimpleJoe

Anyone update on whether reoccuring payments will work with RC2? It seems like without reoccuring payments a subscription forum cannot keep people subscribed.  I am going to do some testing but was hoping maybe there's an update on this. thanks for any help
Hosting Simple Machines since YaBB -- One of the first SMF Forum Hosting providers with Chat and FTP for the inner developer in us all.

Advertisement: