News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Login Security

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 14, 2009, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulesW

Great mod! love it!

I do have a question however: I get errors written in the log:
Quote8: Undefined index: allowedips
File: /Themes/default/Profile.template.php (account sub template - eval?)
Line: 1528

This one is written when I want to make a change on the account related settings page and fill in a wrong password.
Also there is this error message:
File: /Sources/Profile.php
Line: 719

but I've been unable to recreate that one yet.

Any idea where these are coming from?

sidenote: dutch translation is attached
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

JulesW

Sorry forgot to mention 1.1.11

Also attached profile.template.php and profile.php
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17

JulesW

Joker™

whenever someone click change profile (make a change in its profile)

i get this in error log

http://www.freakygurus.com/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;save
8: Undefined index: allowedips
File: /home/content/f/r/e/freakyadmin/html/Sources/Profile-Modify.php
Line: 1012

im using RC2 with default curve theme
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

vbgamer45

Released a new version that should fix those errors  sid2varun
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

JulesW

Same here, also with updated version, I get the error
File: /Themes/default/Profile.template.php (account sub template - eval?)
Line: 1528
but only if a user goes to "account related settings" and clicks save changes.

smf 1.1.11

gm112

The error happens because the text field entry is left empty.

EDIT: Not in new version.. just caught onto that.

sattninja

i have a ?

it says allow users to protect their account by ip address what does this mean what i want to do is get it to where the members can only log in to the forum if they are coming from their ip address i am confused on how this work so in other words if ip is 12.12.12.12 and i try to log into the forum from 13.13.13.13 it will deny me i only want to do this for certain members and not give them the capability of adding ip's only a mod or admin cab add ip's

thanks
Running Rc4

sattninja

ok i have a test acct on my forum i noticed that if i am logged in as the test user under profile there is no reference to the up rotection for a regular user if i go into the profile as admin i see the ip address field so it looks like i need to enter their ip address in that field to lock it in and they cannot change it as they cannot see it correct???
Running Rc4

vbgamer45

You first need to enable the setting under login security once set it should should a textbox to enter an ip if they want to lock the ip to that account.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sattninja

i have the box checked to allow it what i mean is i dont want the user to be able to change the ip or add an ip and it seems like that is how the mod works cause like i said i can see the box under their profile to add the ip addresses when i am admin but when i am the user there is no box so it seems like it is working properly i was just wondering cause the description is misleading i mean if you wan to lock an acct with an ip why would the user be able to add or change ip's that would kinda defeat the purpose if you are trying to stop acct sharing
Running Rc4

vbgamer45

This mod is not to stop account sharing so would not do what you are asking.

This mod is to stop people who steal username/password and logging in from another ip when using the IP protection.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sattninja

ok but why cant i see the ip protection box under profile account settings while logged in as the user
Running Rc4

Joker™

Quote from: sid2varun on February 04, 2010, 05:26:56 AM
whenever someone click change profile (make a change in its profile)

i get this in error log

http://www.freakygurus.com/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;save
8: Undefined index: allowedips
File: /home/content/f/r/e/freakyadmin/html/Sources/Profile-Modify.php
Line: 1012

im using RC2 with default curve theme

bump**
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Shadowwolf_tw

This is a fantastic addon, however I seem to be having a slight issue with it on my 1.1.11 install where the emails arent being sent at all on login failures. I tested this a few times, intentionally logged in to my account with the wrong password 2 times (threshold is set to 3) and no emails came through or even generated (checked the local mail server log). Any help in troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

*EDIT*

Apparently the emails go through sometimes, but it doesnt seem to be consistent. Got 2 emails for a total of 3 failed attempts and no secure hash link in any of them.

qtime

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 25, 2010, 05:07:36 PM
This mod is not to stop account sharing so would not do what you are asking.

This mod is to stop people who steal username/password and logging in from another ip when using the IP protection.
that will be a nice modification as well, is this possible to make (you can contact me PM, to tell me about any costs).

Massl

Advertisement: