News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Google: Adsense for Search and Custom Search Integration Version 1.2 - RC2!

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, October 15, 2009, 05:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumnaam

actualy i joined here just now, so plz advise me in which directory i need to install adsense mod, then the file which i need to edit, some one plz give me this detail.
thanks

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: gumnaam on November 01, 2009, 10:06:09 PM
actualy i joined here just now, so plz advise me in which directory i need to install adsense mod, then the file which i need to edit, some one plz give me this detail.
thanks

The instructions are all available on the mod site for this mod, images are included, if you require further assistance, you will need to be more specific on what you need help with.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

ken123

Prosper Forums - Discussion on Prosper P2P Loans and Investing.
HYIP Daily Blog - a must read for HYIP (High Yield Investment Programs) investors.
Momentum Stocks

JBDynamics

How would I go about creating a Simple Portal 2.3.1 block on SMF 2.0 RC1.2 for the Google Adsense search integration mod? I have the Google Adsense Search and Custom Search Integration v1.2 package installed in the default theme as well as my custom theme. I am awaiting to hear back from Google for opening my account so I do not have the code to insert into the Admin -> Configuration -> Modifications -> General page yet.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: JBDynamics on November 08, 2009, 06:44:06 PM
How would I go about creating a Simple Portal 2.3.1 block on SMF 2.0 RC1.2 for the Google Adsense search integration mod? I have the Google Adsense Search and Custom Search Integration v1.2 package installed in the default theme as well as my custom theme. I am awaiting to hear back from Google for opening my account so I do not have the code to insert into the Admin -> Configuration -> Modifications -> General page yet.

Just Create a HTML block with your "Search Box" code in it.
The search results will be displayed as usual :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

JBDynamics

It is really that easy? I thought I was going to have to write my own php functions for the block that would integrate with your mod, so yesterday I was paging through all the file modifications and included source files to see how I could integrate it into a block. A lot of work not necessary on my behalf, so thanks for making the mod installation and integration easy. I guess I have always done things the hard way, as I'm a stubborn learner. 

What makes this mod really great is that end users do not have to code or tag anything for full Google Adsense and search integration.

Thanks for this wonderful mod!
And thanks for your help JohnCcCcCc  :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: JBDynamics on November 09, 2009, 05:35:53 PM
It is really that easy? I thought I was going to have to write my own php functions for the block that would integrate with your mod, so yesterday I was paging through all the file modifications and included source files to see how I could integrate it into a block. A lot of work not necessary on my behalf, so thanks for making the mod installation and integration easy. I guess I have always done things the hard way, as I'm a stubborn learner. 

What makes this mod really great is that end users do not have to code or tag anything for full Google Adsense and search integration.

Thanks for this wonderful mod!
And thanks for your help JohnCcCcCc  :)

Yes its really that easy,

The whole Idea is to enable the search results code (hard code required).
Then I actually encourage to not use the Searchbox admin area, but to use a portal block (HTML) to choose where ever you want to search box to be.

SMF 2.0 RC5

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

worldnet

I put the code in, and no search box? I am new at Adsense, but I believe I have everything correct. Any ideas?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

What is the code you inserted into the form?

Maybe you used the search results code in the search box area, try the other code. (Search Box) the codes do look similar but just check that 1st.

SMF 2.0 RC5

kappazuhk

The mod does work in RC2 but, if you use the curve theme, it breaks the themes graphic background and looks terrible. Have you found a way to change that?

gibsongk55

Hi,

Will this work with version 1.1.11?  I tried installing your previous version for 1.1 and it said the settings file was missing?

Thanks,

Gibs

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: gibsongk55 on December 29, 2009, 06:11:39 AM
Hi,

Will this work with version 1.1.11?  I tried installing your previous version for 1.1 and it said the settings file was missing?

Thanks,

Gibs

No, its for 2.x only.

SMF 2.0 RC5

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I dont think I have much time for supporting these mods, if anyone would like to take over feel free, just send me a PM :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Leemy

Does this only search site:yourdomain.com or it basically just googles? how do you get the ad revenue

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

This searches Google, thus people who click sponsored links within the Google search results (when searched within your site) will get the revenue

SMF 2.0 RC5

giveaway365.com

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

derby

PLEASE I NID A MOD THAT WILL ADD...CUSTOM GOOGLE ADS SEARCH..HELP
LATEST JOB VACANCIES

www.derbhotjobs.com

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: derby on July 07, 2010, 03:52:56 PM
PLEASE I NID A MOD THAT WILL ADD...CUSTOM GOOGLE ADS SEARCH..HELP

I think your in the right place, hence the name of this mod "Google: Adsense for Search and Custom Search Integration"

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: