News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Buddy Page

Started by live627, October 15, 2009, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oya

where did i say to touch that?

you don't touch that whatsoever

browse through the rows where you see each member's information and look at the column titled 'buddy_list'

anakmacan

lol :D okay ill try that, thx

anakmacan

HA!! it worked.. so ive noticed some members have extra coma on the front like ,34,36,25 so on, i removed the first coma and the row of numbers become 34,36,25, now everything is fixed. THX FOR THE HELP OYA :DDDD cant do nuttin w/o u dude.

Laza

Can you please update this mod for SMF 2.0 RC4  :)

Eclipse16V

Does this Mod run on SMF 2.0.2?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Deaks

With thanks to Joker™ this mod has been updated to add support for his Default Avatar Mod :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Draffi

Did the new version a change in the SQL-DB, or is it enough, when i overwrite the PHP-Files?

electricwildflower

Quick couple of questions for you i installed it on my test forum 2.0.4 all went well i can edit permissions etc but nothing shows on my navigation bar i am using menu editor light  & blackstorm theme if that has any issues or not with it.

also will this work with ultimate profile ?

Cheers

Cat McFarlane

Hiya  :)

Reinstalled Buddy Page, then made it visible to users. Then the code shown in picture popped up, while on pc. Testing on ipad as test user, and when I clicked into buddy myself as admin, the same error message popped up.

electricwildflower

Fixed the problem with menu editor light was as simple as creating a new button on the menu and adding "yourwebsite/forum/index.php?action=buddypage" as a external url. This will come in handy if anyone wants to create there own custom buttons or add it to a mod that edits the menu in one way or another.

electricwildflower

Another quick question i have re done my sites theme, stripped away a few mods one of them being menu editor light, moved my forum out of it's sub directory etc etc. So anyway the buddies list isn't showing up on my menu i uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice but still shows nothing i even manually added the button to my menu but it still shows nothing.

The actually buddies page shows up fine just i carnt get the damn button to add to the menu. Your help would be most welcome here is a link to my test forums so you can see what i mean.

http://www.keepitrealkeepitgoth.com/test/index.php

littlenicki

Very interesting mod! What code part could be usedf for displaying common buddies with SMF 1.1.X ? Thank you
Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

littlenicki

Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

Game.ruler

For anyone who is getting "Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (users)" due to value in buddy_list column like (,3,5,7,,9) etc, add this line :

$user_info['buddies'] = array_filter( $user_info['buddies'], 'strlen' );

Before :

if(!count($user_info['buddies']))
fatal_lang_error('no_buddies', false);

Arantor

I'd wonder why your database is messed up like that in the first place since the normal buddy code in SMF does not do that.

Advertisement: