News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Buddy Page

Started by live627, October 15, 2009, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Thanks, SoLoGHoST! (Should I admit now this is the first time I ever made a template in a mod before...?)

Afro

is there a way to set how many people to appear on the buddy page ?

Arantor

No, it just displays everyone. It didn't occur to me to write pagination.

I *may* look at it for a future version, no guarantee though.

SoLoGHoST

Quote from: Arantor on October 26, 2009, 05:08:40 PM
Thanks, SoLoGHoST! (Should I admit now this is the first time I ever made a template in a mod before...?)
LoL, there's a first time for everything... or so I hear ;)

Afro

Ok, Arantor The Quotes inside the database showed up again this morning. Just on my own alone.

Arantor

Quote from: Afro on October 27, 2009, 06:35:45 AM
Ok, Arantor The Quotes inside the database showed up again this morning. Just on my own alone.

Weird, very weird. Something is modifying that column, then. Have you added any new buddies yourself?

Afro

yes, i added one more buddy. i removed the quotes 7 hours ago and its working normal for now

Arantor

Curious, very curious.

Please can you attach your Sources/Profile-Modify.php file?

Afro

Xolkiyr

I've tried installing your mod manually.. followed all instructions.. but it seems that the language files aren't working for me. The button that's supposed to say Buddy Page is blank. The part of the permissions page that is supposed to be options for the Buddypage are blank as well.

Any ideas? I hate to feel like I'm becoming a thorn in your side with all my little problems. ^_^;;

Arantor

What language are you using, and what theme(s) are you using?

Xolkiyr

just plain English. As for theme, I'm using my own which is based off the default theme. So all the language files and most of the templates are being pulled from the default theme anyway.

Arantor

Clear the file cache from Admin > Maintenance > Routine. If you have manually updated the files the cache will always need to be cleared.

Xolkiyr

There we go, that fixed it. Thanks again :)

7s-1k

Dutch translation ;)

$txt['buddypage'] = 'Vrienden pagina';
$txt['permissiongroup_buddylist'] = 'Vrienden lijsten';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_buddylist'] = 'Vrienden lijsten';
$txt['permissionname_user_buddylist'] = 'Vriendenlijst toestaan';
$txt['permissionhelp_user_buddylist'] = 'Sta gebruikers in deze groep toe om vrienden van het forum te selecteren.';
$txt['permissionname_user_buddypage'] = 'Vriendenlijst toestaan';
$txt['permissionhelp_user_buddypage'] = 'Sta gebruikers toe om hun vriendelijst te kiezen uit het menu.';
$txt['permissionname_user_buddy_seeothers'] = 'Sta de gebruiker toe om te kijken of ze zelf zijn gemarkeerd';
$txt['permissionhelp_user_buddy_seeothers'] = 'Sta de gebruiker toe om te kijken of ze door zijn/haar vrienden zijn gemarkeerd';
$txt['permissionname_user_buddy_seecommon'] = 'Gemeenschappelijke vrienden';
$txt['permissionhelp_user_buddy_seecommon'] = 'Sta de gebruiker toe om te zien of hij/zij gemeenschappelijke vrienden heeft.';
$txt['buddies'] = 'Vrienden';
$txt['buddiesincommon'] = 'Gemeenschappelijke vrienden';
$txt['user_has_you_buddy'] = 'Markeer als vriend';
One Day, Two Many

Arantor

Thanks for the translation - unfortunately there are a few other strings not in that list, so I can't update the list just yet :(

In the errors file (will be for Errors.dutch.php) the following will need translation:
$txt['cannot_user_buddylist'] = 'You are not permitted to use the buddy list.';
$txt['cannot_user_buddypage'] = 'You are not permitted to use the buddy page to view your buddies.';
$txt['no_buddies'] = 'You have no buddies on your buddy list.';

And in the Who's Online (for Who.dutch.php):
$txt['whoall_buddypage'] = 'Viewing their buddy page';

Really would love to get this one into the next version though, and if you can translate those last strings, I'd be able to, thanks :)

Afro

Error . it installed well in rc2 but when i click the buddy page on menubar, ig loads a blank page.
then the log shows the below error.

http://www.afrowall.com/index.php?action=buddypage
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Unable to load the 'main' template.

edit.

i removed the buddypage template and uploaded a new one. it solved the issue

7s-1k

Here ya go  :)

Errors.dutch.php

$txt['cannot_user_buddylist'] = 'Je hebt niet genoeg rechten om de vriendenlijst te gebruiken.';
$txt['cannot_user_buddypage'] = 'Je hebt niet genoeg rechten om te bekijken hoeveel vrienden je hebt.';
$txt['no_buddies'] = 'Je hebt geen vrienden op je vriendenlijst.';

Who.dutch.php

$txt['whoall_buddypage'] = 'Laat hen vriendenlijst zien';
One Day, Two Many

Arantor

@Afro
Weird, very weird. Though it might be possible to get that if you update SMF without updating the mod at the same time.

@7s-1k
Thanks - I'll roll them into the next version shortly.

Sudhakar Arjunan

nice update for curve theme.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Advertisement: