News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Resize Attached Images (Updated for 2.0 RC4)

Started by Kays, October 17, 2009, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

Trust me, I'd love to use some mods outside of these forums...but there's always that chance something could be wrong with them. At least if they are here...there's support "here" for it. Thank you again!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Fat Rat

Hello, I have installed v2 final of this mod onto SMF 2.0.11 and am now receiving this error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and that seems to have made matters worse?

// Added for resize attached images mod 2.0. $txt['attachment_image_width'] = 'Maximum width of attached images.
(0 for no maximum width)
'; $txt['attachment_image_height'] = 'Maximum height of attached images.
(0 for no maximum height)
'; $txt['attachment_image_compression'] = 'JPEG quality factor
(Maximum 100, default 75)
'; $txt['attachment_resize_existing'] = 'Resize existing images'; $txt['attachment_image_reformat'] = 'Reformat non-JPEG images to JPEG.'; $txt['attachment_thumb_png'] = 'Save thumbnails as PNG.'; $txt['attachment_gd_warning'] = 'The GD module is currently not installed. The following image resize functions can not be performed.';?> // Added for resize attached images mod 2.0. $txt['attachment_image_width'] = 'Maximum width of attached images.
(0 for no maximum width)
'; $txt['attachment_image_height'] = 'Maximum height of attached images.
(0 for no maximum height)
'; $txt['attachment_image_compression'] = 'JPEG quality factor
(Maximum 100, default 75)
'; $txt['attachment_resize_existing'] = 'Resize existing images'; $txt['attachment_image_reformat'] = 'Reformat non-JPEG images to JPEG.'; $txt['attachment_thumb_png'] = 'Save thumbnails as PNG.'; $txt['attachment_gd_warning'] = 'The GD module is currently not installed. The following image resize functions can not be performed.';

Fat Rat

Mimmi

Thank you for this mod!

I've translated it to Norwegian:
// Added for resize attached images mod 2.0.
$helptxt['attachment_image_compression'] = 'Dette definerer JPEG-kvaliteten. Et høyere nummer øker bildekvaliteten, men øker også filstørrelsen.';
$helptxt['attachment_resize_existing'] = 'Å velge dette alternativet vil endre størrelsen på alle eksisterende bilder som er større enn de definerte størrelsen for bildevedlegg.';
$helptxt['attachment_image_reformat'] = 'Å velge dette alternativet vil reformatere alle eksisterende bilder som ikke er JPEG til JPEG.';

// Added for resize attached images mod 2.0.
$txt['attachment_image_width'] = 'Maks bredde på vedlagte bilder.<div class="smalltext">(0 for ingen maksgrense)</div>';
$txt['attachment_image_height'] = 'Maks høyde på vedlagte bilder.<div class="smalltext">(0 for ingen maksgrense)</div>';
$txt['attachment_image_compression'] = 'JPEG-kvalitet<div class="smalltext">(Maks 100, standard 75)</div>';
$txt['attachment_resize_existing'] = 'Endre eksisterende bilder';
$txt['attachment_image_reformat'] = 'Reformater ikke-JPEG bilder til JPEG.';
$txt['attachment_thumb_png'] = 'Lage tommelbilder (miniatyrer) som PNG.';
$txt['attachment_gd_warning'] = 'GD-modulen er ikke installert. Den følgende funksjonen for å endre størrelsen kan ikke kjøres.';
Forum-junkie and still a newbie in the world of administrating php etc... Volunteers in reproductive rights. http://www.liv-laga.no/

cortez

How to make this mod compatible for other themes? It doesn't have the code for that so when instelled whenever I log in admin backend I have strings for this mod on top of page.

Goshdarnit

Quote from: Westwegoman on June 18, 2014, 06:59:16 AM

Just a hunch here but, open up Themes\default\languages\Admin.english.php and make sure the following is at the end of the file.
?>

If it is not, then you will have to move it to the very last line.

If using utf8, you also have to do it in Admin.english-utf8.php

To everyone having problems with the string of messages at the top of their forum (Fat Rat and cortez), Westwegoman's solution on the previous page (quoted above in this message) fixed it for me. Just open that Admin.english.php file and scroll to the end. You need to place the last question mark on a new line, rather than at the end of a line with other code in it. Then install the mod. Worked perfectly for me after this.

landyvlad

Is there a way - with either this mod or SMF core functionality - to have attachments placed in posts as full size images, rather than thumbnails which people need to click on?

An existing forum I'm on (running on ANCIENT outdated 'community forum' software) does this easily.  Surely this can be accomplished with SMF?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

luuuciano

Quote from: landyvlad on January 23, 2017, 11:29:14 PM
Is there a way - with either this mod or SMF core functionality - to have attachments placed in posts as full size images, rather than thumbnails which people need to click on?

An existing forum I'm on (running on ANCIENT outdated 'community forum' software) does this easily.  Surely this can be accomplished with SMF?

In our forum we are using ILA inline attachments, by spuds
https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-ILA
It works nice, you can select how to show images... 3rd option is like that
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on January 23, 2017, 11:29:14 PM

The main problem with having images display as full size is that, for images with resolutions larger than the screen they are being displayed on, you can end up having to scroll to see the image.

I use a modified version of the ILA inline attachments mod (I have the image size and resolution displayed below the image name in horizontal mode - see attached pic) in conjunction with a fixed version of FancyBox 4 SMF (there was a bug in the JS that prevented the slideshow from working) and it works well on both desktop and mobile devices.

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

landyvlad

You have a link where I can see that in action?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

GL700Wing

landyvlad

Oh it's YOU Kathy !  I'm the same Vlad as on the CX forum !

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on January 30, 2017, 07:58:46 PM
Oh it's YOU Kathy !  I'm the same Vlad as on the CX forum !
Yep - it's me and I knew it was you - I was just playing with you!!  :)

(Actually - thought you might have worked out who I was from the strip of pics I posted in my earlier reply)

landyvlad

Seems I'll have to go and find this fancybox thingy and see if it does what I need eh.

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on January 30, 2017, 08:09:12 PM
Seems I'll have to go and find this fancybox thingy and see if it does what I need eh.
It won't do the slideshow thing without the fix I've done (it currently stops after the first slide) but if you'd like I can send you the files you need for that.

landyvlad

Cheers mate.  I'd appreciate it. I think you have my email :)

My main issues is that

One one hand I have members who want attachments to be 'fit to screen' size on their PC's.
On the other hand mobile users who whinge if the image needs scrolling when viewed on mobile.

I just need a way to keep everyone happy.... LOL

Harvester

I just installed this on 2.0.14 and it installed with no errors and works perfectly. Thank you for this VERY useful Mod!

Now a days with people uploading images from their phone, being able to have the site resize them is so very needed. This Mod did exactly that.

TomW

Quote from: Harvester on June 11, 2017, 08:55:14 PM
I just installed this on 2.0.14 and it installed with no errors and works perfectly. Thank you for this VERY useful Mod!

Now a days with people uploading images from their phone, being able to have the site resize them is so very needed. This Mod did exactly that.

That's good to know.  If this mod still supported ?

Ed2

Within Godaddy we upgraded from Linux Deluxe to C-Panel hosting and just noticed that "Resize Attached Images" won't function with large image attachments.   If the images are reduced it works fine. Also noticed that the forum indicates that  "Resize Attached Images 2.4.1" version is loaded?  Don't see a 2.4.1 version in the down load section? 

Forum is running SMF 2.0.14

Steve

The author of this mod hasn't been here since December 14, 2014 so you're unlikely to get much help unfortunately.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: