Resize Attached Images (Updated for 2.0 RC4)

Started by Kays, October 17, 2009, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kays

You can still see the images, so all is not lost.

Let me take a look into it.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Goad

i know they arent lost...just something is being case sensitive in some way.

please let me know what your fix is ASAP. thank you.

Goad

any updates to fix the above noted issue?

Kays

Sorry about the delay. It took me a while to replicated the problem. Since it only affect files using the older encryption method.

I've incorporated a fix into the mod which will attempt to correct the file name. Since that's what didn't get changed. If it's still unable to find an image it will log an error. It has been tested for 2.0 but not for 1.1 yet.

Please uninstall any old version of the mod and install V1.4.

If you were not using encrypted file names previously then there is no reason to update the mod

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Goad

that appears to have fixed it...thank you!

Kays

My Mods

drewid65

I've registered here just to say thank you for this mod.  Great job and thanks for the continued support.

Kays

Thank you very much. :)

And welcome to SMF.

My Mods

lala1

before I jump on the RC3 bandwagon: is this mod compatible with RC3 or should I wait until a new version is released?

thanks,
lala

Kays

It does work for RC3. I've updated the installer but didn't change the version number as there were no changes required

My Mods

lala1

Thanks for info!

I still have to wait for highslide, though...

Xavi-Nena

I uploaded this mod however i see no difference. Is there a place i should see an area to admin it?

Kays

There are no controls for it. Just ensure that you do have a size set for posted images in Features and Options.

My Mods

Xavi-Nena

awesome thanks that worked...and now i can uncheck resize to thumbnail size under post so it does not duplicate the image and saves storage space...thanks so much! :)

Kays

Good, glad that worked for you. :)

My Mods

Makar

Question Kays

I installed Resize Attached Images 1.4

Now, when I add an attachment  : original -  jpeg  2048 х 1536  548 кб

changes the size 800 х 600 <206 kb  (Max width of posted pictures / Max height of posted pictures / Max size per attachment )

in viewing the file shows the size of 800 x 600 71 kb

but when I do Attachment Integrity Check

I get an error - 1 attachments/avatars are being reported as the wrong filesize

click to fix and get

All selected errors have now been corrected

but in the end the image size is 701 kb

how to fix?

Quote from: lala1 on March 17, 2010, 05:47:23 PM
Thanks for info!

I still have to wait for highslide, though...

Look at - Highslide Image Viewer 

mod works with Resize attachments

Sorry for my english

Kays

My Mods

Makar

Sorry for my english

Kays

It looks like it's saving the file as a png instead jpg.

Just need to figure out why. It looks like there have been a number of changes made in how attachments are handled.

My Mods

Makar

maybe

a clean forum is the same

I uploaded the image through aeva , his normal size as it must be , so gd library works fine

please look at my test forum , address the forum, login and password sent to you in PM

Sorry for my english

Advertisement: