News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ENotify

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Like a white blank page?
More than likely error in your Sources/ManageSettings.php file
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Elizabeth II

Yes a white blank page

I can't seem to see anything wrong?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Elizabeth II

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hei vbgamer :) I'd like to know something about this... How much does this thing load the server? Somehow like a chatbar or a shoutbox or more? Perhaps less?
Thanks in advance :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Obcy

I am not logged into the board. How to disable guest enotify ?

vbgamer45

I need to double check but close any other browser windows that you might have open while you were still logged in.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Obcy

Clear all cache firefox. Not loged in site . Problem still exist

420Connect.co.uk

I'm using this mod and Invitation Message In Your Face [IMIYF] (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3107)

Both use the jgrowl notification things and have slightly different set ups.

I found when I had them both installed, the coding of one, took over the other (made the pop-up's semi transparent white, instead of black)

I've played around with the #FFF and #000 but now seem to be stuck with a completely black pop up :(

Much appreciated if anyone who knows what they're doing can merge these files so they work nicely! :) (attached)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

luuuciano

Look at the page source, it is loading the css files twice (I mean, both files)... you should check it and left just 1 there... then try to addapt that to your needs

+

jquery.jgrowl.min.js is already present in the enotify.js (do not know which version is in there)

+

you are loading jquery file (the main function file, jquery) several times too
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

420Connect.co.uk

I've only got one of them uploaded at a time and have no idea what jgrowl really is to be honest :P
another 'issue' i've found is sometimes, I get a HUGE stream of notifications, like I've never seen any of them before?

Any assistance appreciated! :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

luuuciano

jgrowl is the "engine" that shows the notifications, enotify uses it too (embed inside)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Can't you have one for each member by including their member ID?

Arantor

There really is no good way to do this.

Getting every user's data all at once and caching that would cause massive cache fragmentation (= very slow, screws everything else up)

Getting each individual user's data and caching those as individual items would also cause massive cache fragmentation since you'd have to rebuild it frequently causing stuff to be moved in and out of cache a lot.

This is not uncommon to other platforms that do this, e.g. this is the reason Discourse will not run on anything less than 1GB RAM VPS (at all, they recommend 2GB RAM minimum just to start out, and by the time you hit 100k posts you can expect to be on a 4GB RAM VPS for that)

Biology Forums

I think what I might do is simply incorporate the jgrowl to display PM popup notifications. It's the closest thing I believe to the notifications system incorporated in SMF 2.1. Real-time notifications, while convenient aren't really necessary, since most users get notifications via PM anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Advertisement: