I have a small glitch "Undefined index: hello_member"

Started by Allen, April 26, 2005, 10:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen

At the top of my default theme everything is okay, but at the top of the two themes I uploaded I get this error:

Notice: Undefined index: hello_member in /home/content/a/l/8/al85444/html/smf/Themes/Blue/index.template.php on line 155

By the way, these boards are just awesome! Great job to everyone who has worked on them.

Allen

The themes are WinterBlue and Loon Theme - Blue

I am using SMF 1.0 Beta 5 Public.

[Unknown]

I'm afraid this is caused by using an outdated version of SMF with a newer theme.  Please upgrade.

-[Unknown]

Allen

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 26, 2005, 11:12:41 PM
I'm afraid this is caused by using an outdated version of SMF with a newer theme.  Please upgrade.

-[Unknown]

Thank you.

I've never upgraded a forum before. I use GoDaddy as my host. Will this be fairly simple and should I close down the forum while I make the upgrade?

Allen

I am reading how to do this. I don't use an FTP, I use frontpage. Can I use frontpage to upload these files?

[Unknown]

Quote from: Allen on April 26, 2005, 11:30:02 PM
I am reading how to do this. I don't use an FTP, I use frontpage. Can I use frontpage to upload these files?

Possibly, but I'm afraid I can't recommend it as I don't trust Front Page.  I've heard of and seen that program screwing things up.  Feel free to try it, but if it does not work you may have to try FTP - if it is available.

Does Godaddy not offer FTP?  If they do, trust me - it's an easy thing to master.

-[Unknown]

Allen

One last thing. Should I upload the zipped folder, or upload everything unzipped (Copying over Old Files? Or does it even copy over old files?

Thanks so much for your help. ;)

[Unknown]

Upload everything within the zip file, overwriting the older files, yes.

-[Unknown]

Allen

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. ;)

I am going to attempt it through Front Page and i will let you know how it turns out. :)

Allen

FrontPage worked just fine. I do not see the error anymore and everything looks great. It was very simple to upgrade. Thanks for your help. ;)

Advertisement: