News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

MODs vs. Themes: problem and a question

Started by Nitro, April 27, 2005, 01:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

(sorry for the mess, but i tried to delete the other post i did in the wrong section for the same question)

i have installed several mods using the packager manager (by the way pretty nice tool!) but now i want to install additional themes, are these themes going to mess up with the mods installed in the forum or, are these installed mods will be gone when i install additional thermes?

it was really hard for me to install these mods, i think the package manager still needs to be tweaked or it would be a good idea to make the package manager to identify right away the new mod not compatable with the smf version installed. i don't know, i just would like to know if i install additional themes is it going to mess up my MODs?

thank you for your time guys!
MPF Rocks!!!

A.M.A

No, themes will not effect any installed Mods. But be aware that most themes will not work with Mods. Mods are usually done for the default theme and all changes are done to the default theme.
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Nitro

well, i actually found out smfone theme doesn't not work with most of the mods i have installed, specially with the chat room mod. so how can i go and make some changes, is there a way or there is too much stuff to get into?
MPF Rocks!!!

A.M.A

It depends on how many templates a theme has. The more it has the less it will be combatable with Mods. If you can follow the instruction found in the Mod, especially those that alter a theme template, then you can make the changes necessary for any theme manually.

You have to look for something like this in a Mod:
<edit file>
Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
</edit file>

<search>
// If they are logged in, but SP1 style information is off... show a personal message bar.
</search>

<replace>

Where <editfile> is the location and name of the file that will be edited, <search> is the string that must exist in that file, and <replace> is the codes that will replace the strings found in <search>
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Nitro

what is the file i need to check? is this index.template.php? i only have one added theme.
thank you for helping me in this one.
MPF Rocks!!!

Advertisement: