vNES Integration Version 2.0 / RC3 NEW! (Version 2.5 Released)

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, October 27, 2009, 11:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Link to Mod

This mod embeds a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) emulator into your forum.

Once you have legally obtained your ROM you can upload them anywhere (even outside of your hosts server)
then simply go to the modifications area in admin panel and set the link to the rom right there.
You will also need to enter the size of the rom (bytes). Which can be easily got by checking the properties of the file in your OS.
Refer to Image.

Simply Click the vNES button (after settings applied) and you will be able to play your ROM with your keyboard.
Key legend is on the page under game play area.

Screens:

The Admin panel

The drop down menu, when all 5 roms are been used.

The drop down when only 2 roms are been used.

Permissions to let only your privileged member groups use vNES

Permissions are available for the vNES page, so you can choose which member groups have rights to see and use it.
I also added an entry so when someone is viewing who's online Playing vNES appears in the list.
Failure to LEGALLY obtain ROMs could result in law suites against your site and webhost.

Changelog.

Added Current Activity code to Subs.php, this makes sure that the vnes button is selected when playing any of the 5 roms.

Added support for 5 easily accessible roms to be used, selected from the vnes drop-down menu
Added some default settings, thus to not cause any forum errors.
Upgraded for RC3 (used to fail on who.english.php).

1st release.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Marsh

Pretty awesome mod :), i would love to see support for more then 1 rom though.
625,195 Posts in 50,808 Topics by 34,295 Members.

Powered by SMF 2.0

www.touchofdeathproductions.com

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You mean more than one ROM at a time, that could be implemented some time :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

NoriSilverrage

Hopefully this doesn't sound like a retarded question... But where do you get "legal" ROMs? I've never heard of such a thing and wouldn't think that NES ROMs would even be for sale... I'd totally be willing to get some mario game and put it on my site...

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: NoriSilverrage on November 02, 2009, 02:39:39 PM
Hopefully this doesn't sound like a retarded question... But where do you get "legal" ROMs? I've never heard of such a thing and wouldn't think that NES ROMs would even be for sale... I'd totally be willing to get some mario game and put it on my site...

Its possible to dump the ROMs from the cartridge with some hardware, if you have an original cartridge it would be completely legal to use it.

If you download a ROM, its likely to be illegal to download, I and SMF take no responsibility for your/anybodies actions while using this mod.

There are ROMs which are home-brew, meaning, there is no copyright, I believe "Super Mario Frustration" has no copyright, but is very similar to Super Mario Brothers on the NES console, also its very difficult and frustrating, hence the name lol.

Long story short, Home-brew NES ROMs can be used with the emulation mod and since there is no copyright on those "home-brew" ROMs they would be completely legal and free to use.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Lord Anubis

haito

www.japanesia.co.id | Portal Berita & Komunitas Untuk Kamu yang Suka Jepang

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I currently have no plans for 1.1.x port, sorry.

I have been a little busy in the last week and will be busy the next coming weeks, I don't have time to port any mods, although, I will have time to support the current ones.

SMF 2.0 RC5

kil_2k

Maybe i'm a complete retard, but i'm currently using the Extreme6 theme, installed your mod, uploaded the ROM to the root dir, and I can't get the thing to load. I even tried uploading it to a different site and using that URL, but it still wouldn't load. Please tell me it's something simple i'm messing up. I'm half drunk, but it looks like this should be really simple and i'm missing something. The site I want it on is a sub domain of my main site, but every combination of URL I tried, including the external one, didn't seem to load the ROM - it just stuck at 0%.

Also, is it only text you can add as a button? No pics instead? It looks really crappy to have a load of nice pics for links, and then some out of place text in the middle of them.

kil_2k

P.S. I'm really new to SMF. I just found it via Google and learning as I go along. Love it so far. Had to edit the css file of the theme and change some of the border images to fit in the logo I made, but that was easy enough. My last site was done in PHP-Fusion, but SMF is awesome.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: kil_2k on November 13, 2009, 10:33:34 PM
Maybe i'm a complete retard, but i'm currently using the Extreme6 theme, installed your mod, uploaded the ROM to the root dir, and I can't get the thing to load. I even tried uploading it to a different site and using that URL, but it still wouldn't load. Please tell me it's something simple i'm messing up. I'm half drunk, but it looks like this should be really simple and i'm missing something. The site I want it on is a sub domain of my main site, but every combination of URL I tried, including the external one, didn't seem to load the ROM - it just stuck at 0%.

Also, is it only text you can add as a button? No pics instead? It looks really crappy to have a load of nice pics for links, and then some out of place text in the middle of them.

Make sure the ROM link is exactly right, also grab the byte size of the ROM.
Note that the link is case sensitive, including the extension.

If that's not the problem send me a link to your forum and I will check it out. :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

kil_2k

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on November 14, 2009, 10:33:23 AM
Make sure the ROM link is exactly right, also grab the byte size of the ROM.
Note that the link is case sensitive, including the extension.

If that's not the problem send me a link to your forum and I will check it out. :)

Maybe it is the link i'm messing up. I don't think so, but maybe... Trying to get Altered Beast to run, and i've got the ROM size as 262,160 bytes.

Pfft, idk. Lost and confused.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

If you send a link (and regular user account info if guests have no access) I can see the Output and see where the problem is.

SMF 2.0 RC5

kil_2k

Holy....

I've finally got it working!

Thanks.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Glad to hear, just for future reference, all links to roms hosted internally or externally will be case sensitive.

If you have trouble setting rom link using standard internal linking ("/roms/rom.nes") or something similar, you can use the whole link "http://yoursite.com/etc/etc/rom.nes".

SMF 2.0 RC5

kil_2k

Darkness_

Is there a possibillty to ad GBA emulator? instead of the nes emulator ?

I think that the GBA will have more potential

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Darkness_ on November 20, 2009, 09:00:49 AM
Is there a possibillty to ad GBA emulator? instead of the nes emulator ?

I think that the GBA will have more potential

If you can find a web based emulator I can add it, I will take a look around for some more emulators and make integration mods for those too :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Darkness_

Java based emulators maybe ?
could that work?

Advertisement: