News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yes100

Hi, as you know I'm very interested in Post Ratings Pro.
Just one thing i have to know:

Is it possible to Order all topics within a board by highest/lowest rating and will the rating of each topic be visible in the board next to the topic like it is with replies/hits etc.?

Thank you in advance,

yes100

live627

Yeah I believe I added that to go with the flow... IIRC click the header to change the order.

goodtimes247

I just upgraded to 2.0 and tried installing this postrating through the package installer. I'm getting error saying it's not compatible with this version of SMF. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to upgrade to the latest RC? Thanks.
GT

Spoogs

Go to Admin>> Package Manager... scroll down, click Advanced, change 2.0 to 2.0 RC4 and try to install again, if the mod installs, just remember to change back to 2.0

goodtimes247

Thanks Spoogs, it installed but it's not showing. I've enabled it in the Settings. Any ideas?

goodtimes247

Nm, I got it to work, it was the permissions.

Does anyone know if we can show the ratings on the topics list level instead of having to open the topic and seeing the rating?

live627

goodtimes247

Thanks Live 627

Is everyone getting a clean install when install postrating? I've got it to work but I'm getting red bombs like file errors or wasn't able to install certain files. I'll have to send a screen capture.

live627

Yes a screenshot would help.

yes100

I try it over this forum since Post Ratings Pro still isn't working since I subscribed it 1 month ago.
Since 2 weeks I get no reaction on my asks for support anymore.
Till now, I have payed 30$ for a non-working mod.

Would be really great to get this mod running finally.

Thanks yes100

SoLoGHoST

Hello, yes100, sorry to hear about your problem(s) with the pro version.  I have PM'd live627 on the problems that I encountered with it when I gave it a quick test run.  Dunno, what his intentions are with this mod right now.

Again, truly sorry, but I'm too busy with Dream Portal to focus on any other mods right now in my life.

Good Luck bro.

nixlike

I'd like to give it a try, although I'd rather have a topics only rating system, but nevertheless I think this is going to the trick as well if it even would be compatible with latest SMF version. maybe there is something you can do about it SoLoGHoST :)

SoLoGHoST

Not sure what you are asking....  If you are referring to me updating this mod for compatibility with SMF 2.0.1, I'd have to decline.  I won't be updating any of my mods at all until Dream Portal 1.1 is finished and is approved here at the SMF site.  I also have a ton of ideas on mods that I'd like to create for SMF, when all of this is finished that would enhance the hell out of SMF, and make SMF that much more fun to use, but like I said, Dream Portal 1.1 is top priority, than updating my mods, than creating more mods.  Those are the steps in which I will take.

nixlike

alright, got your point. taking that Im a complete dream portal noob - when would "when dp 1.1 is done" approx. be?

SoLoGHoST

Should be done by the end of this month, but than there is the long await here at SMF for it's approval/unapproval process.... argg!

shazoo!

Has anyone tried this on 2.0.2?

Eclipse16V

Yes and it works without errors.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

FrizzleFried

I am getting the following error when I ENABLE this mod... the error shows up when I attempt to read any message in the forum...

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ratings_enabled, rating, IFNULL(total_ratings, 0) as total_ratings, id_last_rati' at line 5
File: /home/ahaforum/public_html/Sources/Display.php
Line: 1127
Back

Any suggestions?

Default (though modified) theme...

FrizzleFried

I got this mod up and running...  It's pretty kickass. 

FrizzleFried

What would it entail to move the rating from a post header and move that bad boy to a post footer below the signature (or even just above)?

Advertisement: