News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post Ratings

Started by SoLoGHoST, October 27, 2009, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoLoGHoST

Well, to tell you the truth...  I didn't set the price, the Customers did!  It wouldn't be fair to sell to some people at $100 dollars and to others at a lower rate!  Whether or not I get anymore purchases of this mod is unimportant to me.  It's really not about the money at this point, it's about FAIRNESS!

kkmixs

It is possible to allow the member to vote once in every 24 hours.I mean to allow the member to vote again features.I have find the another mod which include the vote again features but it is topic rating mod.I want the Post rating mod with same vote again features.

Topic rating mod with vote again features:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1313

Can i have the same features with this post rating mod.....

SoLoGHoST

Hello, kkmixs, this Mod's features are on FREEZE in favor of the Post Ratings Pro Mod.  Sounds interesting and will consider it in Post Ratings Pro.

SoLoGHoST

For anyone interested in this mod...  There is a Holiday Special on Post Ratings Pro, now only $50 dollars and updated just in time for the holidays with tons of incredible, "must have", features.  Get it here:  https://dream-portal.net/index.php?page=postratingspro

Note:  This is a holiday special, which means that there is an expiration date on this steal-of-a-deal.

SoLoGHoST

Didn't think it would matter anyways.  And I suppose I was right.  1x100 > 1x50

vkot

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on November 16, 2009, 01:32:42 PM
Hello vkot,
I agree, and in Post Ratings, it will tell you how many times the post has been rated... Rated 2 times.  And you are not able to rate your own posts or topics.  Have you tried this mod yet?

When I update this mod so that posts in a topic can be ordered by highest/lowest rating, I will be looking at how many times the post has been rated as well.

OK, 4+ years have passed since my question and your answer, but I still haven't installed any post ratings mod.
I saw in your demo site that the number of times that a thread was rated is displayed only when you enter the thread, not on the board index.

A thread with 5 stars from 1 rating (and maybe not so trustworthy) will show higher than a tread with 4.9 stars with 10 ratings of 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,4, but the second is more trustworthy. I don't know if there is a way to automatically manage this, this is why I was thinking that the number of times should be shown everywhere where there is the rating and the viewer can come to his own conclusions.
For example: 5 (1) and 4.9 (10)... or ***** (1) and ***** (10)

I guess I could modify the mod myself, but I'm too lazy lately. Are we entitled to any small customization like this if we buy the mod?
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

SoLoGHoST

If you purchase Post Ratings Pro, yes, you can make requests.  You will be given access to a board where others have made requests that have been added already and where you can do the same.  You will need to register on the Dream Portal site first ofcourse to be given access to this Board.  Also, there are tons of new features and fixes for Post Ratings in the Pro version of the mod.  You don't have to lose any of your ratings either, you just uninstall Post Ratings, without checking the "Remove all associated data..." field (leaving this field empty), and than just install Post Ratings Pro.  Besides showing ratings on the board index, there are also Statistic settings for this mod that you can fully customize on how you want the ratings to be ordered.  Furthermore, Post Ratings Pro fixes all bugs in the Post Ratings Mod that is offered for free, which you may or may not have discovered (but I have).  Also, at half the price you are getting a steal, and if you need support for any themes (for example, if there are problems in any of your custom themes), I will work with you to get it up and running perfectly in that theme.

There has been 3 updates to Post Ratings Pro since I first posted it up approximately 5 months ago.  But you will receive FREE Updates for 1 year after purchase...  even thinking of extending this to 2 years.

As far as ratings are concerned, that is why there is the Ratings Threshold Settings.  You set this yourself.  Ofcourse, if you are wanting other features, not found in Post Ratings Pro, than just let me know and I'd be happy to add them in.

blogmexicano

Visita Blog Mexicano entretenimiento y noticias

SoLoGHoST

For anyone interested, I will upload the latest version of Post Rating Pro here, which is version 1.6.  It will not be available for purchase anymore, since the Dream Portal site is no longer around.  I have the latest version on my computer, and just need to test it with the latest version of SMF 2.0.11, and possibly with the 2.1 version as well.  If, it's not too much trouble to code, I'll update it for 2.1 also and upload on this site for FREE.

After which, I plan to not code any further customizations for SMF.  This will be the last customization I will do.  Thanks to all of those interested in my work and those that have followed my work on Customizing for SMF from the beginning.

Jade Elizabeth

Why are you moving away from SMF Sologhost? :(
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

SoLoGHoST

I've lost interest in coding for SMF.  The code is great, the people are great, but I don't believe in the software anymore as having a prominent future on the www.  I liked the idea of sm.Core, and to be honest, I think SMF needs to expand past forum software in order to be taken seriously as a website.

Not interested in wasting years of my life on a software that will eventually die and/or be archived.  Also, the many updates to SMF has convinced me (as a Mod Developer) that what I code today, will not be useful to anyone tomorrow.

Kindred

Well, mods which were written for SMF 2.0RC5 and above still work on 2.0.11 (with only a few exceptions)

Mods which are written completely with hooks will work between 2.0.x and 2.1.x (with only a few tweaks, if the mod involves new templates)

So -- I am unsure of what you mean by that last statement, since there are mods in use with 2.0.11 which were written years ago.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

watchhorse

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on November 01, 2015, 04:58:45 PM
For anyone interested, I will upload the latest version of Post Rating Pro here, which is version 1.6.  It will not be available for purchase anymore, since the Dream Portal site is no longer around.  I have the latest version on my computer, and just need to test it with the latest version of SMF 2.0.11, and possibly with the 2.1 version as well.  If, it's not too much trouble to code, I'll update it for 2.1 also and upload on this site for FREE.

After which, I plan to not code any further customizations for SMF.  This will be the last customization I will do.  Thanks to all of those interested in my work and those that have followed my work on Customizing for SMF from the beginning.

Too bad you leave smf :(

You will put the mod here in the topic?
Wij zoeken diergerelateerde fora ter overname.
Pb gerust als je geen tijd of zin meer hebt om uw forum te onderhouden.

live627

Quote from: SoLoGHoST on November 01, 2015, 04:58:45 PM

Will you release your mods under an open source license, like MIT or similar so someone can  fork them?

Not interested in wasting years of my life on a software that will eventually die and/or be archived.
I see. Guys, time to pack things and go, SMF may not be around in 50-100 years.

Technological advancements will always leave stuff behind. Apple IIe. Commodore 64. Atari 2600 COBALT. BASIC. Windows 95.

QuoteAlso, the many updates to SMF has convinced me (as a Mod Developer) that what I code today, will not be useful to anyone tomorrow.
Updates to Windows lave left my old apps defunct.

La Friki

Where I can modify the language of this mod?

I want to translate to Spanish, but I can't find the language file anywhere...

margarett

Just check the manual installation instructions ;)
This MOD touches Help.english.php and Modifications.english.php, so you need to translate the required string in the corresponding Spanish files ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

La Friki

Quote from: margarett on December 03, 2015, 06:56:10 AM
Just check the manual installation instructions ;)
This MOD touches Help.english.php and Modifications.english.php, so you need to translate the required string in the corresponding Spanish files ;)

I LOVE YOU, thanks so much!!! ♥

rexall9000

Mon 7 Mar 2016, 11:25 am

Hi ForumMates!

I realize this thread is rapidly aging.  However, has anyone been able to install Post Ratings on 2.0.11?  I did on http://www.KhonKaenForum.net an as Admin, I can see the stars and the system seems to be working, but it is not displaying for regular members.  I added the code that SoLoGHoST suggested to  function template_html , but no joy!

I am not technical, so low skill set suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

live627

Did you check the permissions?

FragaCampos

Hi there.

I was about to buy this mod and found out that it is no longer supported.  :(
Did the Pro version ever been made available, like SoLoGHoST said a few months ago?

Advertisement: