News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Spy and User browsing

Started by CokeCan, December 08, 2003, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeCan

2 of the must used mods at my forum are the "Spy" and "User browsing", would be great if SM can include them ;)

Tomer

Can you describe "Spy", use browising is where you can see what every user is doing, right? theres already that here, whjats spy?

CokeCan

Spy is to the mod called "Who's Online?" (sorry I changed it's name at my forum, but that mod includes the hidden users and the flags)
And User browsing shows the ppl online at each board and topic :)

bostasp

Who's Online is already implimented... it's even here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=who

The "User browsing" is already supported and I'm sure with the theme system you can have it display on the board index too.

CokeCan

Great! but is it posible to show the ppl browsing each board and topic? :D (as with that mod)

[Unknown]

Yes, but it's disabled here.

-[Unknown]

pulpitfire

Quote from: bostasp on December 08, 2003, 10:01:14 AM
Who's Online is already implimented... it's even here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=who

The "User browsing" is already supported and I'm sure with the theme system you can have it display on the board index too.

sheesh...i didn't even know that was there...is there a link to it somewhere?

[Unknown]

Yeah, look at the who's online list - both the icon and the "Users online in the past xx minutes:" text are links.

-[Unknown]

bostasp

Where it says "# Guests, # Users" in the "Users Online" table on the board index - that's a link to Who's Online

pulpitfire

Quote from: [Unknown] on December 08, 2003, 12:07:03 PM
Yeah, look at the who's online list - both the icon and the "Users online in the past xx minutes:" text are links.

-[Unknown]

kewl

[Unknown]

Quote from: bostasp on December 08, 2003, 12:07:25 PM
Where it says "# Guests, # Users" in the "Users Online" table on the board index - that's a link to Who's Online

Oops, my bad... you're right.

-[Unknown]

Fizzy

Am I right in guessing that to include the guest or member IP number would be through template ?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

[Unknown]

Yep.  In fact, their IPs are shown to administrators already.

-[Unknown]

babylonking

I like the IP's to Country Flags mod, I think is not hard to convert Yabbse one to SMF.  ::)

Fizzy

Quote from: babylonking on December 08, 2003, 06:31:37 PM
I like the IP's to Country Flags mod, I think is not hard to convert Yabbse one to SMF.  ::)

* Fizzy drools

You mean you can include a flag in a profile just from the IP ? ? ?

Gobalopper

Yep I already have that mod working on my SMF board.

Fizzy

Now stop teasin' :(

I'm just starting to see what SMF will really be capable of.
I think I'll be in for a real show when it goes live on release.

babylonking

QuoteYou mean you can include a flag in a profile just from the IP ? ? ?

Yes any user from any country it will show his country flag in who's online page.

I used that mod in my old yabbse forum i really like it, here check it out  :)
http://www.yabbse.org/community/index.php?thread=11216

babylonking

QuoteYep I already have that mod working on my SMF board.

Can you share your mod with us?

Gobalopper

I will make a post with it in the Charter Member boards.

babylonking

Advertisement: