News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

confused about avatars

Started by cnpldotca, April 28, 2005, 04:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnpldotca

when I click on attachment manager I get:

An Error Has Occurred!
Cannot access attachments upload path! 

and my users can't seem to upload/link to remote avatars.

what is the exact path I should have for "avatars directory" and "avatar URL" if my site were named www.example.com ?

thanks!

cnpldotca

if you guys need more details in order to help me, let me know. This is rather urgent..thanks.

xd3vilx

U Should Have A "avatars" folder...
Did U Delete It? ;)

[Unknown]

It doesn't matter what the URL of your site is.  The attachments directory path is not going to have an http:// in it, and if it does you have it set incorrectly.

A path is different from a URL.

-[Unknown]

cnpldotca

"what is the exact path I should have for "avatars directory" and "avatar URL" if my site were named www.example.com ?" please be specific.

[Unknown]

There is no way I could know.  I know you're wanting me to say it's "x" but I'm afraid I haven't developed telepathy skills just yet.

The path will look something like /home/cnpldotca/public_html/forum/avatars.  Please note that this doesn't even have www.example.com in it anywhere, but it could, theoretically.

The path in question here is not the avatars directory, but rather the attachments directory.  It is the one that is incorrect, as per the error message.

You can tell what your path is by using repair_settings.php.  It will auto detect the correct values for your settings for you.

What is repair_settings.php?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: