News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Mod for Scheduled Posting

Started by humbleworld, October 30, 2009, 02:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

PopUpSteve

Steve
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless it's digital."

PopUpSteve

Wow, works great.

If I may make a suggestion. It would be nice to have an "Expire" option. That way the topic can be automatically delete.
Steve

PopUpSteve

Did find one possible bug. I had scheduled two new topics to be created on the same day/time. I created three copies of each of the topics. I will see if this happens if there are scheduled on the same day but a minute apart.
Steve

PopUpSteve

Had to uninstall the mod :(

It appears to have been generating 1000s of errors in our server logs and was causing some problem with the server where I then could not access the following Admin Functions:

• Core Features
  • Features and Options
  • Security and Moderation
  • Languages
  • Server Settings
  • Modification Settings
  • Tapatalk Settings
  • Posts and Topics
  • Configuration
  • Mail
Steve

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

humbleworld

Thank  you vbgamer for making this MOD. I hope more would give their feedback about this MOD.

vbgamer45

Too bad never got approved on the mod site :(

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PopUpSteve

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 16, 2012, 08:42:03 AM
What were the errors?

Sorry, I did not copy the errors. My Server Admin informed me of the errors and I opted to uninstall the mod.
Steve

humbleworld

Why was it not approved, vbgamer? Were there too many errors? Is this MOD stable and compatible with 2.0.2?

vbgamer45

No idea too many hoops to go though so gave up but you can download from my personal site at smfhacks.com works fine.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

humbleworld

well, if it does not break our forum site, maybe worth trying it. i'm excited about this MOD.

emanuele

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 15, 2012, 03:31:28 PM
Too bad never got approved on the mod site :(
You never updated it as far as I can see. :P

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

diesy

Hello,

I am trying out this mod. It seems promising, however I cannot figure out if I can set permissions for other membergroups to be able to schedule posts?

Currently, only I as an admin can see the option.

Any help?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ryan_dwight

Is there any other mod with the same/similar feature like this?

Gwenwyfar

Aww, its a shame you gave up :/

Would you mind if it was updated/modified by someone else? So someone else could continue with it at least.

I found it pretty neat, specially since my forum has a couple posts every week that need to be posted at the same time, for weekly competitions, and other very useful things to do with it, but it doesn't work very well. It only posts if you go to the /cronpost.php page (which means it gets a tad pointless...), and sometimes it gives an error when trying to access one of the admin pages. Same thing needing to access the cronpost.php with either fake jobs on or off. Also the new post doesn't show up on index.

"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

margarett

It is actually under review again by our team ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gwenwyfar

Oh, that's nice to hear, will be waiting for it! :)

Tested now to see if I didn't do anything wrong and you were actually supposed to use /cronpost.php before so it could start the schedule, but nope, it posts things before the given time if you do that.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

vbgamer45

Hmm it shouldn't the cronpost.php should be called by cron job if using SMF 1.1.x for SMF 2.0.x it should use the built in SMF  task scheduler.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: