News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Mod for Scheduled Posting

Started by humbleworld, October 30, 2009, 02:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwenwyfar

You think it didn't install properly then? (or some conflict) Under the post lists it shows "Cron Job Url:  http://mydomain.com/cronpost.php"

And if I go to that link all it shows me is "Post Scheduler", and activates any listed scheduled posts.

(SMF version is 2.0.8 )
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Gwenwyfar

Hmm, I think the fault was mine on this. I thought it wouldn't make much difference between a post and a topic, I had tested with new posts before. For topics its works well enough :) For a topic it does add the post to the tasks area as expected. I take it the smf tasks themselves rely on someone loading a page?

Hope its not too hard to fix this, would make this mod just perfect if it worked for posts as well :) And thanks for making it on the first place! :D

Edit: Perhaps I just didn't understand how it actually works. It just checks for posts once every hour and if there is any it adds during that hour? The post (not new topic) I added for test this time went fine, too. Just doesn't work for smaller time differences then if that's the case.

Gwenwyfar

And in case you want a translation for this (or anyone else), I made one for Portuguese (attached file) ;)

Advertisement: