News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do you convert :\

Started by HostDash, November 08, 2009, 05:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HostDash

Hey
I read the instructions on how 2 convert I:
Dl the right files, uploaded it to my SMF directory, ran convert.php and got this error:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: Incorrect database name ''

How do I fix?

Caelum

Judging by that error, you input a wrong database username.

Be sure to input the full database username, any possible prefix included, with capitals in the right spots.

If in doubt, check your Cpanel if you have one for your mysql database/username your vB is on

HostDash

Ok just cheking I input the right db info in right places where do I need to put the db info ? What files and where abouts?

Norv

@Caelum: it is very improbable to have the database name wrong, as the converter tries to read it from vbulletin configuration files and if it were the case then vbulletin wouldn't work at all.
Actually, it seems like the converter may have difficulties reading the config file.
@God of: can you please tell if your vbulletin installation has a file vb_installation_folder/includes/config.php, and if in the converter you give exactly the path to vbulletin as vb_installation_folder (without trailing "/"), that is, the folder parent of the "includes" subfolder?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

HostDash

Norv

Please feel free if you want, to send me in PM your file config.php, to take a look at. It should not be posted here, as it contains sensitive information from your installation.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: