News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

bbc and stuff disappeared

Started by drhamza, November 10, 2009, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhamza

i installed rc 2, and the bbc buttons and smileys are not there, what should i do? :(

Kays

Go into the Admin CP and check to see if they are enabled.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

drhamza

where exactly in the admin panel?
edit: Enable bulletin board code (BBC)  ---> enabled

Kays

Which theme are you using? Does this happen on all themes?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

drhamza

i'm using curve
btw, i uploaded all the themes again
And, one thing i did which may be a screw up is that i installed the spoiler tag mod

Kays

Did they work before that?

Is the mod RC2 compatible? Try ininstalling it.

Also check the other themes to see if they appear there.

My Mods

snork13

check default theme folder for post.template.php, for testing

find;

// Show the actual posting area...
   if ($context['show_bbc'])
   {
      echo '
               <div id="bbcBox_message"></div>';
   }

change to this for testing, clear browser and smf cache

// Show the actual posting area...
   //if ($context['show_bbc'])
   //{
      echo '
               <div id="bbcBox_message"></div>';
   //}

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

drhamza

aha, it's back at last :D , you said for testing, should i do anything else now?
btw, thanks a lot everyone

drhamza

Kays

Well, you really souldn't leave it like that.

Go back into the settings for BBC, disable it and save. Then re-enable it. Now see if it will work

My Mods

drhamza

ok, now i'm having this twice:
With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

drhamza

ok, is there a way to repair everything and return everything to normal, i mean as if it was a fresh copy, because i think too much stuff is missed up :(

drhamza

ok, i tried what you've told me but nothing showed up, i returned the post.template.php to normal now, of course, nothing showed till now...

snork13

I have the same problem, fwiw. I disabled the context to see if that is the problem, which is was for me. i will now go check the context setup

-snork13
Mods
Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
I have been super busy as of late. Working on updates to all my modifications for 2.0.1

drhamza

could it be an smf bug or it's just something we've done?

SteveW

I am having exactly the same problem - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=347161.0

I have tried snork13 suggestion and it makes no difference - odd thing is it was working when I first upgraded odd??
Watch the skies!!

drhamza

yup, that's what's confusing me, it suddenly disappeared =S

SteveW

I'm going to try reinstalling all the files and see what happens. Will report back...
Watch the skies!!

Tyrsson

Which version were being upgraded within this topic so I can mirror this as close as I can.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

SteveW

I upgraded from v2 rc1.2 to v2 rc2
Watch the skies!!

Advertisement: