News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrading from phpBB

Started by WOLKA, May 01, 2005, 02:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Velho

Quote from: d6veteran on October 09, 2005, 01:15:44 AM
My phpbb 2.0.17 mySQL server is [email protected].
My smf 1.0.5 mySQL server is [email protected].

Both databases have the same username and password.

When I run the phpbb to smf script I get the error: "Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it."

I've heard both that the conversion will work with different DBs and that it will not.  Is there any hack to get it to work across two DBs?  Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks.

That´s exactly my problem! Any toughts? Anyone?  :D

Oldiesmann

Quote from: sputnikradio on October 21, 2005, 01:28:05 PM
I have a question about this.

I recently switched to sm but i switched servers and deleted my entire site. I recently installed (today) sm . I only downloaded a back up of my previous phpbb database . I do not have the phpbb database or program running on my new server. I only have the database back up.

is there anyway anyway whatsoever I can use this database to make sm have the same tables and post and forums and members and all so that I do not lose a whole years worth of members and their post?

If there is NO WAY then I understand I have to just start over. But if there is anyway could you at least drop me a hint . Anyone with knowledge of this of course.

Thank you

sput

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=54639.msg383845#msg383845

Quote from: O Velho on October 26, 2005, 01:56:50 PM
Quote from: d6veteran on October 09, 2005, 01:15:44 AM
My phpbb 2.0.17 mySQL server is [email protected].
My smf 1.0.5 mySQL server is [email protected].

Both databases have the same username and password.

When I run the phpbb to smf script I get the error: "Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it."

I've heard both that the conversion will work with different DBs and that it will not.  Is there any hack to get it to work across two DBs?  Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks.

That´s exactly my problem! Any toughts? Anyone?  :D

Make sure that both the smf database user and the phpbb database user can access both the smf and the phpbb databases - It will work with different databases, but you need to make sure that forums are using the same MySQL username and password or that both users have access to both databases.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: