News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Redirection Topics

Started by Arantor, November 11, 2009, 10:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Link to Mod

When a topic is moved normally in SMF, the user can optionally leave a "redirection topic", a standard topic, automatically locked, to state where the topic has been moved to.

This mod allows two extra features for those redirection topics:
1. Allows the user to optionally set an expiry on them, after which time the redirection topic will be removed.

2. Allows the user to optionally have the redirection topic move directly to the relocated topic without having to click again. Note that it will NOT function on topics already moved before mod installation.

Supports 2.0 RC1.2 and 2.0 RC2 (not Charter, only public release)

Spoogs

another good mod.... nice work

Sudhakar Arjunan

Good mod.

Conflict with AEVA Mod.

When a youtube link is there, it does not allow the mod to show video and instead of links.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Arantor

You mean in the destination topic?

VERY weird since that's not even touched. Please can I have the relevant links in your forum?

DarkSylver

Would be no way to change the MOD to be compatible with 1.1.8?

Arantor

Not without a strong rewrite. As also advised elsewhere, please upgrade to 1.1.10.

This mod requires several 2.0 only features.

darrenbeige

Arantor, would this be rather easily portable to 1.1x. Is it really only the Scheduled Task handling that is specific to 2.x?

Arantor

Yup, the entire scheduled task system is 2.0 only.

You could in theory do a 1.1 version either without the topic being auto deleted (and just have the redirection take place, as well as the auto deleting redirect on deletion of the destination topic), or add some semblence of scheduling tasks through a cron job.

darrenbeige

Quote from: The Grinch on December 20, 2009, 10:22:33 AM
some semblence of scheduling tasks through a cron job.

That was my idea.

Arantor

If you're going to do that, it's reasonably easy; just have the cron job run the scheduled task. The only reason I don't go into that is because I have neither the time nor the patience to talk people through setting up cron jobs.

darrenbeige

I can only imagine how many requests mod authors get about setting a cron. I see how many requests there are for adding a tab to the forum navigation.

Arantor

This is why I won't backport any of my mods that use scheduled tasks. And I know I'm not the only one.

I just don't have time to sit and write something like that when it's already covered in 2.0, or talking people through configuration that they may not even be able to do on their host (not all cPanel configurations, for example, allow users access to cron)

darrenbeige

I understand completely. Some hosts don't even have cPanel, and then you go into further support nightmares.

Arantor

That's it exactly.

Now, in the case of making this work on 1.1 + cron, the nuts and bolts wouldn't be too hard to integrate into a cronjob; essentially all the scheduled task does is select all the rows that fit a given timescale and call the appropriate remove-topic functions to get rid of them.

Eclipse16V

Nice Mod

Thanks

If you need the German Lang, write me.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Arantor

Eclipse16V, if you are able to provide the German translation, I'd really appreciate it - there aren't *that* many strings, but enough to be more than a few minutes work, I believe.

lexa90

Heh, good one again from you!
Keep it up!

Eclipse16V

German Lang

// Redirection Topics MOD
$txt['redirection_user'] = 'User direkt zum Thema weiterleiten?';
$txt['redirection_howlong'] = 'Wie lange soll der Hinweis angezeigt werden?';
$txt['redirection_perm'] = 'Immer';
$txt['redirection_1day'] = '1 Tag';
$txt['redirection_3day'] = '3 Tage';
$txt['redirection_5day'] = '5 Tage';
$txt['redirection_7day'] = '7 Tage';
$txt['redirection_10day'] = '10 Tage';
$txt['redirection_15day'] = '15 Tage';
$txt['redirection_30day'] = '30 Tage';
$txt['redirection_60day'] = '60 Tage';
$txt['redirection_90day'] = '90 Tage';
$txt['scheduled_task_redirectExpiry'] = 'Löschen der Verschoben-Themen';
$txt['scheduled_task_desc_redirectExpiry'] = 'Löscht die "VERSCHOBEN:" Themen die zeitlich begrenzt wurden.';
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Arantor

I'll add that to the next version.

Advertisement: