News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Slash through Banned Usernames

Started by vbgamer45, November 12, 2009, 10:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExWizzard

Hmm that would give a very long hover on bubble , isnt there a more simple way? I see that on your mod screenshot its red , and mine is blue , what gives it a color in the first place?

Arantor

It's orange because that's the colour set in Curve's CSS for it. But it isn't that colour entirely through SMF.

Does it actually add the HTML to the tooltip? IIRC it shouldn't have done.

ExWizzard

Yes it adds <s></s> to the tooltip , maybe because i installed it on rc1.2? works fine otherwise.

Arantor

Hmm, I'd class that as a bug to be honest, because I don't remember it doing it, bu it shouldn't. Guess I just missed that spot.

ExWizzard

Arantor

So, what version of SMF?

What other mods?

ExWizzard

Have sent you a pm and i have no way to troubleshoot this , it works fine for me , its just 1 or 2 members that reported so far

Arantor

Argh, I spent hours getting PMs to work correctly for me both as an admin and non-admin user.

Will go away and investigate - and see in the meantime about making this a little more configurable too (i.e. allowing it to not only slash through but also recolour names)

ExWizzard

I loged in with one of the members accounts that had the problem , and his bug dissapeared.

Arantor

ExWizzard

Allright , think i see where the problem is , when you choose the message options:

Display personal messages: 
All at once <-- works fine
One at a time  <-- all names are crossed here
As a conversations <-- all names are crossed here

Arantor

Hmm, that's weird since I use one at a time normally.

Thanks for the report, I will investigate and get a patch out as soon as I am able to do so. Probably won't be until tomorrow as am pretty busy at the moment.

c-o-d-e

Hello Grinch.
Have you got a fix up for what I noted on the first page. When it has "active users" I think or "Users viewing topics" which ever one it was, has a slash through usernames even though they are not banned?

Arantor

No, I've not been able to reproduce that myself. :(

Spennig

Since I saw you'd asked for a post here from another thread...

Database Error
Unknown column 'mem.is_approved' in 'field list'
File: ********/Sources/Display.php
Line: 6**

Can't do anything with forum posts. Uninstalled this mod, life is good again.

Running clean install of 2.0 RC2, and the following mods:

1.  Send Locked Topics To Bottom                        1.0         [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Slash through Banned Usernames               1.0           [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Aeva Media                      1.0 Alpha        [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Ignore Board In New Posts                  1.0          [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    The Rules                      1.3          [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    SimplePortal                           2.3.1       [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Post and Change as Alternate User            2.5          [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Remove SMF Logo                        1.301       [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Look But No Read                        1.3          [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Arantor

Well, at a minimum I need to see the Display.php file you have, and the full line number because without that I can't debug the problem.

jeri

I installed this mod and at the bottom of my forum appeared:

function IsTorExitPoint() { return ( gethostbyname(ReverseIPOctets($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) . "." . $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] . "." . ReverseIPOctets($_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR']) . ".ip-port.exitlist.torproject.org") == "127.0.0.2" ); } function ReverseIPOctets($inputip) { $ipoc = explode(".", $inputip); return $ipoc[3].".".$ipoc[2].".".$ipoc[1].".".$ipoc[0]; }

I uninstalled the mod and its still there. HOw do i fix it?

Arantor

That code is from the Proxy Blocker mod. Might be worth asking them about it.

jeri

OH, okay, i installed that right before. THANKS!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Great Mod..

Its amazing how many changes you had to make just to add a strike-through on a banned members user name, wow!

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Advertisement: