News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Visual Warnings

Started by eFishie, December 09, 2003, 06:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eFishie

I would like to see something in SMF that does a warning level bar with a member's post.

I mean, if someone posts something innappropriate, make it so an admin can warn up a level, and the warning level is shown under a member's info in a post. Warnings can also be taken away. If ten warnings are given to a member, they are muted. And when a warning is given, an e-mail and PM should be sent to the member telling them why.
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

bostasp

Hmm, a bit like AIM?

I'm sure some people would find that a useful feature...

Tomer

Yes you can also do this with the Karma system, make it only u can modify karma, name it Warning Points and write some rules, and when someone gets to 10 mute him, take 1 point off every week.

David

I would see something like this really being open to moderators, the whole karma system is pretty crappily designed imho.
This space for rent.

eFishie

Admins, moderators, you catch where I was going, David.

And now that someone brought up AIM...

If a post is reported, and the admin (or mod) removes the message, automatically warn a point.
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Spaceman-Spiff

manual way:
1. start a "blacklist" or "warning list" topic in a moderator/admin restricted board
2. when someone did something bad, add a note in that topic
3. PM the person that he/she has been warned x-times

no visual stuff, but works in my forum ;)

eFishie

--Jon

Saleh

Quote from: Spaceman-Spiff on December 10, 2003, 04:24:11 PM
manual way:
1. start a "blacklist" or "warning list" topic in a moderator/admin restricted board
2. when someone did something bad, add a note in that topic
3. PM the person that he/she has been warned x-times

no visual stuff, but works in my forum ;)
this is good but once you have more than 50+ jerks in your forum this will make the admin board very crowded ... :\

We don't need a reason to help people

alienine

Something like this would be nice.. but since people have different warning systems it would need to be flexible.

Anguz

well... Grudge wrote a mod for something pretty much like this in YaBB SE

Advanced Visual Warning

I did find some things missing or that could be improved and started working on it... but had to pause for a while because of stuff that happens in life  :P

will finish it for YaBB SE soon, hopefully... I'm sure Grudge will write an SMF version or could be asked to
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Advertisement: