News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Design Linux Love

Started by Ricky., January 07, 2012, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

Design Linux Love

By : Ricky.  |  My More Themes
For SMF 2.0 , SMF 2.0.1, SMF 2.0.2

A beautiful professional layout / theme for SMF 2.0.x designed specially for the communities and website talking about Linux and Open Source.
This theme allows you to add link to your Privacy Policy Page directly through Admin menu and it will be visible in footer through out the forum, no need to edit code for this. Similarly , you can add link to your Terms and Services and Contact us page from Admin Menu.

Other than that if you wish to use this theme on non-linux forum / community, you can disable Big tux image from background and also remove LINUX LOVE logo from Admin.

You can change theme features at :
SMF Admin --> Configuration --> Current Theme

(Assuming that Design Linux Love has been selected as overall SMF theme on your forum).

Features

• A fluid width theme, you can set forum width as per your need in Admin Menu
  • Allow you add your own logo from them Admin Menu
  • Disable Big Tux image in background allowing you to use theme on non-linux forums easily
  • Utilizing CSS3 supported by all modern browser
  • Allows you to add custom copyright in footer
  • Allows you to add link to Privacy Policy page in footer
  • Allows you to add link to Contact us page in footer
  • Allows you to add link to Terms of Services page in footer

Some Screenshots

Updates

Apr 26, 2012 : Fixed drop down menu issue with browsers other than chrome and Firefox, now it works on all latest browsers including IE9
Jan 19, 2012 : Fixed a small issue regarding display of Page Creation Time in footer of template.
Jan 10, 2012 : Added feature to disable Big Tux Image of background so that theme can be used even on non-linux communities.

In the Last

If you use my theme and liked it then kindly give your comment or atleast saying thanks can be really helpful and encouraging.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Ricky.

Thanks crip :)

Update: Added feature to disable Big Tux Image of background so that theme can be used even on non-linux communities.

Loaf

Wonderfully done, has that real "premium" look to it with the sharp graphics. Definitely one of the nicest themes I've seen so far.

Carmina

"We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right." --Nelson Mandela

Site in memoriam Stieg Larsson: Verblendung

Loaf

I just noticed the text forms-- its really cool how you used the shadow to make it look like the forum is raised and the text boxes have been etched into it like metal.

Ricky.

Thank you loaf for such nice words , those simply inner shadow or "inset" , a CSS3 specific property.

@Carmina
I am glad you loved Linux Love ..

Fire & Safetyfora

The theme is nice and perfect but in Opera en IE it is useless, the pull down menus will not work because the are transparent.

Ricky.

I know, I have plan to fix it, not a major issue though :)

Fire & Safetyfora

Well the problem is that you can't klik on te links how are in de pull down menus, so you can not use the functions in the pull down menus. That are important functions for the visitors. I use Firefox and there the theme look good, works good en is very nice. Google Chrome also. But 40% off the visitors still use IE. It is another type off browser than Firefox and Google. In IE the theme looks not good and won't work, so we can't use it at the moment. I try to fix the bug by my self but I still not find the problem. I hope you will fix it soon, to bad for a good theme like this.

!RFAN

I was willing to use this theme but because of IE problem i can't use it right now.. Please fix it asap

Ricky.

I guess I had fixed it ..

QuoteApr 26, 2012 : Fixed drop down menu issue with browsers other than chrome and Firefox, now it works on all latest browsers including IE9

Advertisement: