Post Seperator (now Compatibility With "smf 2.0")

Started by islam2hamy, January 01, 2009, 05:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

Hi Mark, the text you quoted above is what you'd use and modify for the border.
Remember you'd have to go into your "Maintenance" area and clear the forum 'cache' to view the changes.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

dilly84

Wont allow me to apply the mod.. I get this error. I am using 1.1.12 and I tried both zip files and neither worked..

here is what I get

Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

MarkLeevE

Quote from: Sabre™ on January 12, 2011, 01:57:56 PM
Hi Mark, the text you quoted above is what you'd use and modify for the border.
Remember you'd have to go into your "Maintenance" area and clear the forum 'cache' to view the changes.

oh i didn't know that part  hehe ;D it works now but i want to make the edges curve. is that posible?

cheers... :)

Quote from: dilly84 on January 13, 2011, 08:48:04 PM
Wont allow me to apply the mod.. I get this error. I am using 1.1.12 and I tried both zip files and neither worked..

here is what I get

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

you have to manualy edit the files..
Usefull Links
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

specify more detials about the error we'll try help you..

dilly84

Okay, yea.. Im new to this, and really have no clue how to do this. I use go daddy hosting so thats where I'd have to do my editing. Here is the error....

1. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test failed

Sabre™

If you have other mods which alter the display.template.php, it's possible that one may have altered the line(s) of code this mod searches for.
Attach that template, and I or another will have a look for you.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

dilly84

Quote from: Sabre™ on January 15, 2011, 02:30:37 AM
If you have other mods which alter the display.template.php, it's possible that one may have altered the line(s) of code this mod searches for.
Attach that template, and I or another will have a look for you.
Well Id love to do that can you help me out. I use godaddy, which is making everything a Pain.. What would it be under sources, themes etc.. Im not seeing it. Under sources I have display.php the script and the file. It isnt display.template.php, however.

Sabre™

Hi buddy.
In your previous post, your error message gives you the location of the file, in which I've highlighted for you
Quote from: dilly84 on January 15, 2011, 02:05:58 AM
1. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test failed

Most of the time, your error messages will give you the 'source' of the issue, so it helps you learn a little as you mend the issue(s).
Just attach that template, and I'll look at it for you :)

dilly84

Does it matter that Im not using the default theme. I notice on what you highlighted it says default.

dilly84

Scratching my Head

Any chance this can be applied to personal messages as well?

Thanks!

SMF 2.0 - btw...

islam2hamy

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

keith021773

I d/led and wanted to try this out, but one edit wouldn't take.   It couldn't find this one

<hr class="post_separator" />';
}

echo '
</form>
</div>
<a id="lastPost"></a>';

// Show the page index... "Pages: [1]".

I will attach my display file.    Thanks.

islam2hamy

backup "theDisplay.template.php"  file and try this

Sabre™

Nice to see youre back in the swing of things islam :)
@Scratching my Head Yes, you just need to find the beginning and end of the container for them, and use the "seperate" class.
@dilly84, I'm soo sorry buddy, I only come back here now n then, and totally forgot about your issue.
Do you still need assistance, or are you alright now?
My apologies again.

islam2hamy

Thank You Sabre™ , nice to see you too  :)

Back to work  ;) .

2strokecentral

I tried installing this in my template and it failed to execute in the display.template.php.

I don't understand. It says its compatible with my 2.0.2.

I really need this seperator, my posts are messy and I can't figure out why.

hxxp:2strokecentral.com/index.php?topic=50.0 [nonactive] you can view my posts here

Thanks in advance for any help!! I really need it!!

Advertisement: