The SMF File Management Tool

Started by Marcus Forsberg, November 17, 2009, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king kratos

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 19, 2009, 07:13:22 AM
Cheers kratos,
I already knew that and was indirectly making a suggestion lol ;)
As always, it is already being considered.(permissions)

Ahhhh, see I was so excited that I might be able to show you what I just learned  ;D ;). I just wanted to show someone else what I learned!  :P

Well, it would be nice to be able to restrict access to only certain admins. I am going to try to take a look at it tonight, if I have time.

Kratos

Arantor

Simple solution: don't make them part of the full admin group (group 1)

Just put them in a group that's "diet admin".

king kratos

Quote from: Arantor on November 19, 2009, 04:59:26 PM
Simple solution: don't make them part of the full admin group (group 1)

Just put them in a group that's "diet admin".

True, that is the simple solution, but you have to admit that that is not as much fun as digging into the code.... LOL  ;)

Kratos

Arantor

I'll take simplicity and known-to-work over unknown and untested code more often than not. But code is fun ;D

Yahmez

Thanks for the file manager Nas! I have been missing it since I went 2.x
I cannot seem to upload anything though, it just sits there forever and nothing happens. Any Ideas?

Yahmez

8: Undefined index:  extension

File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/Themes/default/FileManager.template.php (browse sub template - eval?)
                     Line: 15

8: Undefined index:  extension

File: /home/xxxxxl/public_html/Sources/Subs-FileManager.php
                     Line: 127                                    

imrich

Thanks for this mod, I know it will help me manage things.

I found a minor issue.

When browsing my 'user_avatars' directory, I found a remnant temp file of a user avatar that was uploaded, it was named avatar_tmp_1  (note no extention).

When browsing with the file manager, I got serveral "8: Undefined index: extension" errors in the SMF log at lines:

156 of FileManager.template.php

159, 146, 137, and 127 of Subs-FileManager.php

If I renamed the file to be avatar_tmp_1.png then the errors went away and the file displayed properly.

So it appears the file manager doesn't like files with no extensions??

This is on SMF 2 RC2.

Thanks again for your time on this useful admin tool.

Oops.. want to see a large log of these errors, just browse the 'attachements' directory.

Marcus Forsberg

Ah. I really need to add a check for that. Will do that in the next version (Or perhaps release FM 1.0.2 to fix that).

PaulDouglas

This is great!!! Just started trying to modify a new theme using Firebug, Notepad++, and Filezilla which I am brand new to. Decided to look for a SMF mod yesterday that had line numbers for the code and ran across this one. What Timing. Thank You.

PaulDouglas

Oh, I forgot to ask; Do I have to empty my cache every time changes are made to the index.css in order to see the changes?

Marcus Forsberg

Yes, just like any change to a CSS file, you have to clear your browser cache to see the changes.

Vyache

Hi,

I can't change my ch-mod of my files for some reason when using this mod....
Any suggestions?

AjaxChat - SMF 2.0 RC2 Edition Download.
mrtrc266 ~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

mgrmgr

Thank you very much,  Nas, for this modification. I waited for something like that since I'm going to test V2.0 since Beta 3 public :)

You already have heard enough about the "extension" error in log :) I saw two other flaws though:

1st: with pictures: the picture path (f.x. when viewing the avatar directory) is currently composed of the http:// forum address plus the complete php file path - in my case http://forum.michgeyer.de/home/pacs/... , an address which is obviously wrong :( It should be either http://forum.michgeyer.de/avatars/<picture_name> or the complete file system path (/home/pacs/... )

2nd: the editor does not work with my browser Opera 10.01, Browser Identification string is :

Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1; U; de) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.01

Hope you can fix that soon, I hate to use IE 6 for editing files - The layout is really a mess with that old browser I only keep for use of some M$ sites :)

Marcus Forsberg

Currently working on FM 1.1.

mgrmgr:
1. I can't confirm that, could you please explain further/post a screenshot?
2. What do you mean? Does it not display, does it look wrong, are the line numbers incorrect etc?

Vyache:
What happens when you try to CHMOD a file? Any errors in the log?

mgrmgr

Hi Nas,

ad 1 ) see the attached screen shot (attachment 1) of directory Themes/default/images/buttons.
All those pictures on the left don't show up. Reason is the picture address - it shows:
http://forum.michgeyer.de/home/pacs/mgr00/users/doms/doms/michgeyer.de/subs/forum/Themes/default/images/buttons/admin_copy.gif

Just a hint: The forum runs on a shared webspace where the http://<subdomain><domain> is a "shortcut" for the system path /home/pacs/mgr00/users/doms/doms/michgeyer.de/subs/forum (this first part is a fake root for the webserver) and is the folder where SMF is installed.
My domain goes up to and including the folder michgeyer.de.  All subdomains are folders in subs of  that root domain of my webspace. A correct manual address for the browser is http://forum.michgeyer.de/Themes/default/images/buttons/admin_copy.gif or for php the complete path variant  /home/pacs/mgr00/users/doms/doms/michgeyer.de/subs/forum/Themes/default/images/buttons/admin_copy.gif.

The browser address http://forum.michgeyer.de is directly the forum root folder.

This flaw also gives the possibility to leave the forum's root folder and switch to other subdomains in my domain michgeyer.de :( domain (they are all located as different folders in the subs folder below the domain folder michgeyer.de

ad 2)

the window shows up with the text of the selected file shows up in a light gray (see attachment 2) after click on Toggle Highliting the window is empty (attachment 3), and further clicking on the same button toggles between attachment 4 and attachment 3 :( The Toggle Line numbering button does nothing but a slight position change while clicking - same as the button Toggle auto complete.

Btw: I also installed firefox 3.5.5 - with that browser everything works OK - it's just Opera that refuses to work correctly  (probably with the JavaScript part).

Kindred

looks good. I like it...  it's much easier for quick file-fixes than using Cpanel (especially when on a PC where I don't have my full editing suite.)

I am seeing the extension error... but that's about it.

nicely done!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SoLoGHoST

Great Job with this MOD.  I know it couldn't have been easy.  Love the way it looks also.

Cheers :)

Мel

Hi. I've got huge problems with this mod, I suppose.
So, there is an SMF 2.0 RC2 with Curve, Russian UTF-8. Once in a while it is just doesn't work:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/***/forum/cache/data_033dd33b33413ebc1694bd9cd8a9bd8e-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/**/forum/cache/data_033dd33b33413ebc1694bd9cd8a9bd8e-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

And there are .core files all over the place. So I delete them, clear cache, that's OK, but only for a while, then again, first thing in the morning.
When I uninstall The SMF File Management Tool 1.0.1 everything appears to be fine, but I've got A LOT of errors in logs, like this:

//forum.***/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc;e69348251ff=822088a10d725d01d673b902ad5ae8b1
8: Undefined index: fm_adminbutton
File: /home/***/forum/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 466
Undefined error

//forum.***/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc;e69348251ff=822088a10d725d01d673b902ad5ae8b1
Невозможно загрузить 'FileManager.russian-utf8' языковой файл. (Unable to load the 'FileManager.russian-utf8' language file.)
General error

And it's like hundreds of them. What am I supposed to to? It seems like this mod could not be removed completly from the system, and when it's installed there are errors with "Unexpected character in input", so forum doesn't work after a couple of hours.

What are the manual instructions?
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Marcus Forsberg

Create a file called FileManager.russian-utf8.php in your language directory and translate the content of FileManager.english.php. That should fix it, I believe.

Мel

Where exactly should I create that file?
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Advertisement: