News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[4059][SMF 2.0 RC2 Curve] Enter key no longer trapped in To and BCC PM fields

Started by Vekseid, November 30, 2009, 11:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Occurs in all browsers

To duplicate, create a new private message, type out someone's full username (don't hover over the dropdown) and hit 'enter'. In RC1 and prior, this would just add the username. Now it attempts to send the (usually blank or useless) message.

A simple attempt at a fix did not solve the issue.
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

Norv

I cannot replicate this anymore on the latest svn, it might have been solved meanwhile.
Typing the full name and hitting enter (without using the dropdown at all), sends the message to the user with the respective name.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Vekseid

Except that's not usually the desired behavior.

A lot of quoted replies with no content are being sent >_>
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

Norv

Yes, it could stop at choosing the member, I suppose. I'll add it to the tracker, perhaps it will be re-considered.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Norv

Nao 尚

Norv, I fixed this one. (Yay.)
You may want to look into my implementation (rev 9928). I'm not a Javascript hero, and definitely not fluent in OOP stuff, so I may not have been using the right coding conventions/guidelines. Feel free to change anything.
(I like my "is_opera ? ... : ..." though... It looks kinda cool 8))
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Norv

Nao 尚

I'd just like to make sure it works on all browsers, BTW... Since basically I only was able to reproduce the bug in Opera, and Vekseid said it happened in all browsers.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Advertisement: