Problems installing Pretty URLS on 2.0 RC2

Started by buckers_wv, November 30, 2009, 04:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckers_wv

Hi,

I'm new to SMF, but am very impressed with what I'm seeing so far.

I have successfully installed SMF 2.0 RC2 on a new site, and am now attempting to get Pretty URL's to work. I have tried to install the package, and at first glance it seems to go ok, but then I just cant configure it anywhere, and upon a little investigation, I'm not sure its installed properly.

I'm using IIS and Isapi Rewrite. Firstly, it is possibly to use Pretty URLs with this setup isnt it? I can use .htaccess files successfuly with other sites using Isapi Rewrite.

When I install the package, the list of files says "Skipping file" when it reaches the following:

" ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php"

and the remaining 8 files dont say anything in the description field, whereas the first 17 say "Test Successful".

Surely all the files should say "Test Successful", right?

I can still click "Install Now" at the bottom however, and upon doing this, im presented with a message saying Pretty URLs has successfuly been installed, and I can configure it in the admin section.

However I cant find any options anywhere?

Also, no .htaccess seems to have been created in the site root? Do I have to create this myself (incidentaly ive tried this also, to no success).

If I now select "Uninstall Package" for Pretty URLs, im presented with a red box saying "Error in Package Installation", and all the files below now say "Test failed".

Im installing the package from the "Download New Packages" page, and then browsing the link to the Third-party mod site.

I've got write permissions set for the correct folders, but im struggling to see how i can properly install this mod correctly.

Can anyone give me a few pointers?

Thanks, Chris.

Arantor

buckers_wv

Thanks, I have posted the same message there.

Chris.

buckers_wv

I have just posted this in that other thread, but they told me to come back here as it may be a generic package manager problem.  Can anyone help me?

Chris.

Norv

Are you sure the necessary folders and files are writable? Can you install another mod?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: