News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can all themes be used with SMF 1.0.3?

Started by Appamatix, May 07, 2005, 10:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appamatix

Just needing to confirm, I just got my SMF 1.0.3 up and running, so are the themes for SMF 1.0.1 compatible with SMF 1.0.3?

forsakenlad

Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Appamatix

So all you do is download them to say a desktop folder then through your admin panel on your forum upload them to?

forsakenlad

You can choose the zip file or you can upload the theme and write the location of the theme in the admin panel...

Appamatix

Is there one link to all the themes (including the downloads)? Also on my board when previewing the entire window reloads, as here the fetching feature takes place, is there an a updated file for that or a fix somewhere located in admin panel?

Thx for all of your patience forsakenlad

forsakenlad

There is a sticky post on top of this board that lists most of the themes made by individuals, good luck!

Edit: The enchanced preview feauture is enabled in 1.1 which is currently only avaliable to charter members...

Appamatix

An a charter member is that a paid one time fee or can you become a charter member for free?

dtm.exe

Quote from: Appamatix on May 07, 2005, 01:11:42 PM
An a charter member is that a paid one time fee or can you become a charter member for free?

Charter Members are required to pay an annual fee of $50.00.

http://www.simplemachines.org/charter.php

-Dan The Man

Appamatix

Appamatix

Quote from: forsakenlad on May 07, 2005, 11:34:00 AM
You can choose the zip file or you can upload the theme and write the location of the theme in the admin panel...

If I download the zip file I will still have to upload the theme to the forum correct? If thats right do I still have to write the location of the theme in the admin panel and what exactly do I write?

bloc

Quote from: Appamatix on May 09, 2005, 06:43:42 PM

If I download the zip file I will still have to upload the theme to the forum correct? If thats right do I still have to write the location of the theme in the admin panel and what exactly do I write?

With a zip file you can just use the "browse" button, find the file on your harddrive, and press install. The script will upload it for you, unpack it and install it.

Appamatix

Can't seem to find the zip file downloads just the tar.gz, could you shed some light where I could find the Matrix in zip format and some others? ;D

bloc

ah..sorry. It works with BOTH tar.gz and a zip file. :) Just go ahead and use whatever is available.

Appamatix

Quote from: Bloc on May 09, 2005, 08:20:13 PM
Quote from: Appamatix on May 09, 2005, 06:43:42 PM

With a zip file you can just use the "browse" button, find the file on your harddrive, and press install. The script will upload it for you, unpack it and install it.

You say find the file, shouldn't it be find the files? So should I extract them or leave the download just downloaded to my folder and then from the admin panel press install as you say the script will upload it for me, unpack it and install it. Is this what your saying?

Trekkie101

Download compressed archive, tar.gz or zip
In admin panel goto the theme install area, choose the correct location of the archive on your PC in its compressed format, then the board will upload it and un-compress it and then finally install it for you to use.

Appamatix

That's all I needed to know my friend and thxu ;D

Advertisement: