News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

New image is not showing

Started by testlab, December 07, 2009, 05:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testlab

Hello,

This must be very simple to fix but I im new to this.

Everytime someone post a new thread the new image does not show it shows and X with the text new. I now the image file is in the folder but I cant get it to show.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

mirahalo

it may be helpful if you put a link to your forum,

try right click on the red image, then properties, what is it say?

MrPhil

OK, so you're talking about the "new" icon that shows up in a board listing of topics, to indicate that you haven't read one or more posts in that topic? All other icons used by your theme show up OK? You never see the "new" icon, or just under specific circumstances? This happens to everyone, as far as you know? You're seeing the "missing/broken image" browser icon, rather than just the text "new"? If it was just the text, it would sound like you have the admin setting to show text instead of icons. Right click on the image > Properties to get the URL of the image. Does that URL match where the icon image file is? If not, either the URL is built wrong, or the file is in the wrong place. Do the same with some other icons on the page (that do display) and see what directory the URL says they're in. Is it the same place that it's looking for your "new" icon? If you're sure that the file is in the right place, could it have been corrupted somehow? Can you call it up and display it from your browser address bar (using the URL from Properties)? If not, maybe it was uploaded in ASCII or otherwise suffered some damage. Try replacing it with another "new" icon file, being careful to upload it in binary.

Advertisement: