Next level indicator

Started by klumy, December 12, 2003, 01:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klumy

Hi,

a next level indicator in the users profile, which should show how many posts a user need to get the next rank would be great ;)

Jack.R.Abbit™

Quote from: klumy on December 12, 2003, 01:47:48 PM
Hi,

a next level indicator in the users profile, which should show how many posts a user need [edit]to spam the boards with[/edit] to get the next rank would be great ;)
;D

Tomer

Bad idea, that would be copying PhPbb to much. You can add that in yourself after you get the version if you want.a

dschwab9

Seems like that would encourage posting useless garbage to inflate post count  :-\

Acf

great idea :P my board needs does stupid posts :P
Sigh...

klumy

IF you have open a board for the first time, such an indicator can give your board a big boost. At a later stage you can still disable this option. ;)

Brian Lacy

This sounds similar to the RPG mod.

Anguz

Quote from: dschwab9 on December 13, 2003, 06:58:17 AM
Seems like that would encourage posting useless garbage to inflate post count  :-\

I agree with the spam thing... I added more user groups and stars to my yabbse install and users just went crazy with the message count thing... I have several with over 4000 messages, some over 5000... this is not normal

some were fighting over this even! they'd also do stupid stuff to get more messages, like split a normal message into several, or writting stupidities everywhere... some guys would have a few more hundred posts every time I checked  ::)

I have resorted to taking out all the post group stars and titles, and also the post count, from from the member info next to messages...

encouraging members to post is good, but a method other than the post count would be good... something like adding them to a particular group because they help the board with good content and stuff like that

besides... can't they figure out by themselves how many posts they are missing to the next group?  :P
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Advertisement: