News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hide or Display Registration Dates on Memberlist

Started by Matthew K., December 17, 2009, 03:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Hide or Display Registration Dates on Memberlist

Written by: Labradoodle-360
Current version: 1.1
Updates: Mod Support Topic
Suitable for: SMF 1.1.11, SMF 2.0 RC2
Supported languages:

Link to Mod | Mod support topic | Donate

Summary

This mod, Hide or Display Registration Dates on Memberlist, if installed removes the display of the dates your members registered. To turn this off, go to Admin > Features and Options, and check "Display Registration Dates on Memberlist".

Installation

Package Manager should work in most cases. If you need to make any edits, the full list can be obtained from the Parse function on the right..

Useful links
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?

Support

Questions should be address to the mod support topic.
Updating

v1.1 fixes a bug, now Administers can see registration dates. Version 1.1 also brings the compatibility of this mod to SMF 2.0 RC2.

Changelog

1.1 - 18 December 2009
Version 2.0 Compatibility added. As well as a bug fix.

1.0 - 7 December 2009
Release of Hide or Display Registration Dates on Memberlist for SMF 1.1.11

Spoogs

nice mod, would be nice if it turn it off in the profile area also... they can get over themselves about who's been around longer :P

Arantor

That said, you can still infer who has been around longer with user id... since it's in ascending order.

Spoogs

Arantor

It's also not a strong indicator of activity either, to be honest, where electronic appendage comparisons go (;)) post count will be the big one, not who's been around longest.

* Arantor is a testament to that one... has been active here 8 months and currently 3rd highest post count :P

Matthew K.

Arantor is right. Mainly developed because of a request, and for more modding experience.

Matthew K.

However, if more people want it hidden from profiles as well, I will add this is as another option.

Matthew K.

Version 1.1 released of Hide or Display Registration Dates on Memberlist. SMF 2.0 RC2 Compatibility added, as well as a bug fix for both versions.

Administers can now see Registration Dates on the memberlist, despite this mod.

Enjoy,
Labradoodle-360

DoctorMalboro

excellent mod, dude, you're awsome  ;)

Spanish translation
// Labradoodle-360's Hide or Display Registration Dates on Memberlist Mod.
$txt['display_registration_date'] = 'Mostrar fecha de registro en la lista de miembro';

i didn't understand the help.english, could you put it in BBCode? thanks!  ;)

~DS~

Nice this should be default in SMF as well as Date Registerd on post mod. Both these mods should be merged.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Matthew K.

If I have time, I plan on furthering the development of Hide Registration Dates, to posts and Profiles as well as other areas with the same functions as this mod.

Matthew K.

Why thank you, what do you mean by put it in BBCode?
Quote from: DrHouse on January 18, 2010, 10:05:20 PM
excellent mod, dude, you're awsome  ;)

Spanish translation
// Labradoodle-360's Hide or Display Registration Dates on Memberlist Mod.
$txt['display_registration_date'] = 'Mostrar fecha de registro en la lista de miembro';

i didn't understand the help.english, could you put it in BBCode? thanks!  ;)

anakmacan

Heya Labradoodle, how about "Online Status", could you tell how to hide it also ?

Matthew K.

The only update I intend on making for this mod will be to make it compatible with 2.0 Final.

Beyond that, eventually I may develop something I call "Dynamic Memberlist" which would allow you to completely customizable the memberlist, and basically any/all aspects of it.

To accomplish what you're asking, you should be able to complete the same edits I did, only for the field you want.
Quote from: anakmacan on May 29, 2011, 05:19:58 AM
Heya Labradoodle, how about "Online Status", could you tell how to hide it also ?

JOSHSKORN

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on May 29, 2011, 06:10:46 PM
The only update I intend on making for this mod will be to make it compatible with 2.0 Final.
I just attempted to install this mod on SMF 2.0 Final with the SMF 2.0 RC2 Parse edits.  There was nothing available for other SMF versions following RC2.  After the edits, I got no errors, but it appears to have no effect on my Members list.  The Date Registered field still shows.  I did follow the instructions and unchecked Display Registration Dates on Memberlist unless I'm missing something else.  I checked, then unchecked the option just to make sure it was cleared out.
Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on May 29, 2011, 06:10:46 PM
Beyond that, eventually I may develop something I call "Dynamic Memberlist" which would allow you to completely customizable the memberlist, and basically any/all aspects of it.

BTW I'm looking forward to seeing a Dynamic Members List mod.  I saw one, but it didn't quite do what I wanted it to.  I'm basically trying to remove the fields 'Status', "E-mail", "Date Registered" and I want to Group by Position in a specific order.

Matthew K.

If I ever get to Dynamic Memberlist, which I might not...it'll basically show you all of a users fields that are possible, the basic ones, customized ones (if custom profile fields is on) and so forth.

It will let you change how each displays, should it show an icon for true / false, yes or no, should it output the actual field results, what order should each item be in? What happens if the user does not have a field completed?

How should the memberlist be displayed? A block style? A list?

Dynamic Memberlist would be a completely customizable memberlist.

OCJ

A fan of your mods but...

I wanted to use this but like so many mods it requires replacing a full line. Im using a mod to display avatars on the page (near the beginning of the line) but I have to do manual edits to use this mod/or the other.

Doesnt the smf package manager work like phpbb with 'inline' find, add, delete, replace?
If that could be done a lot of mods would avoid manual edits, rather than replacing a whole line - just modify only the part of the line that is necessary.

If I see manual file edits are needed and ftp probably - install and uninstall, then I just quit and delete it. Too much work with a modded site. Anything that reduces that probability is good.

Particularly on common pages - like profile, there are several other mods changing the column outputs.

Matthew K.

Yeah, I could write it a lot better now...this was my first modification.

RedPanda2013

so if I want instead to display their registration date...how can I do it?

Thank you

RedPanda2013

Quote from: RedPanda2013 on March 06, 2017, 07:49:12 AM
so if I want instead to display their registration date...how can I do it?

Thank you

bump

Advertisement: