News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Select box and radio button options not searchable in custom profile fields

Started by spiros, December 19, 2009, 09:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiros

Is there a way to make such option searchable? I.e. one could have a select box in the search with the options available.

Kindred

that would require some custom coding...   it is, in theory, possible...  but it is not standard.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spiros

I think since people can create custom fields, they should be searchable, which as far as I can see, aren't.

Kindred

the CONTENTS can be searchable...  but there is no "dropdown search choice"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spiros

Searchable from where? Do you have any examples of complex searchable user profiles?

Kindred

ah....   right...  only text fields are searchable...

so... sorry, to answer your question, no...   dropdowns, checkboxes, radio buttons are not searchable.   That would have to be a mod.
Слaва
Украинi

spiros

Kindred

text fields have a checkbox
Searchable:
Can this field be searched from the members list.
Слaва
Украинi

spiros

Yes, I know, but will there be an extra box in the member list to search the text contents?

Kindred

it will add a checkbox to include that field in the search parameters when you go to index.php?action=mlist;sa=search
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: