Moved topic not. Change default ?

Started by Coola_Daffy, December 19, 2009, 03:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coola_Daffy

Hi.
I've SMF 2.0 RC2.

How (or where) do I change the default value (for the checkbox) to be unchecked when my mods move topics?

Thx in adv.

codenaught

Can you be a little more specific to what you want?

Are you referring to having the "Post a redirection topic." option unchecked when on the move topic page? This is not possible to alter by default in SMF, but is a simple code modification to achieve this, if this is what you are after.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Coola_Daffy

hi!
Thanky you for reply.
Yes that is what I like to change. OK it's no big deal but still it would be godd for me to have it.
CD

codenaught

Modify Themes/default/MoveTopic.template.php.

Locate:
<label for="postRedirect"><input type="checkbox" name="postRedirect" id="postRedirect" ', $context['is_approved'] ? 'checked="checked"' : '', ' onclick="', $context['is_approved'] ? '' : 'if (this.checked && !confirm(\'' . $txt['move_topic_unapproved_js'] . '\')) return false; ', 'document.getElementById(\'reasonArea\').style.display = this.checked ? \'block\' : \'none\';" class="input_check" /> ', $txt['moveTopic1'], '.</label>

On line 53 on a default unaltered 2.0 install.

Modify this line to:
<label for="postRedirect"><input type="checkbox" name="postRedirect" id="postRedirect" onclick="', $context['is_approved'] ? '' : 'if (this.checked && !confirm(\'' . $txt['move_topic_unapproved_js'] . '\')) return false; ', 'document.getElementById(\'reasonArea\').style.display = this.checked ? \'block\' : \'none\';" class="input_check" /> ', $txt['moveTopic1'], '.</label>

How do I modify files?

I hope that helps. :)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Realinfo

Box Still coming which said

Please enter a brief description as to
why this topic is being moved.

may it's unticked now

Kindred

Once again... Since you have removed the smf copyright, which, while legal, means that you have decided that you do not need support for us... (and the simple portal copyright, which afaik, is not legal) we will not be providing support to you.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: