News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Sortable Packages (and Installed Time)

Started by Arantor, December 23, 2009, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

That sucks, was hoping to use this.

My issue has always been with remembering what was installed last so I can uninstall in the same order to avoid code change issues which can arise with uninstalling mods in weird orders.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

live627

Well, the original author gave me permission to sell an updated copy which does have an extra feature...

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: live627 on September 20, 2011, 08:56:25 PM
Well, the original author gave me permission to sell an updated copy which does have an extra feature...
Dare I even ask as to the supposed cost and what this extra feature is ? I will also assume by updated, feature withstanding that you just mean it's been updated t owork with 2.0.x ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

live627

$12, and the extra feature is that it remembers the last sorting method. It has been updated for RCC4 and the packman code didn't change since so it'll work. Support and updates for a year.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: live627 on September 20, 2011, 09:04:50 PM
$12, and the extra feature is that it remembers the last sorting method. It has been updated for RCC4 and the packman code didn't change since so it'll work. Support and updates for a year.
I guess that aint to bad but it's $12 I dont wana spend right now. Might just use a notepad mod or soemthing in the meantime to just take notes on what went in first.

Edit:

1) RCC4 ?
2) PacMan Code ?
3) Sorting Method: I assume you mean if I sort by name and then sort by install it remembers that the last sort was sort by name. Just to be clear even though the question may sound kind of dumb.

MoreBloodWine

Edited above post and are you firm on $12 Live ?

Yiorgos

I edited two files of Robbo_'s package installed_time-rc3.zip and made it un/installable on SMF 2.0.1

There is not a distribution license in Robbo_'s  package and according to the following message I can post the changes I made.

Quote from: Illori on August 15, 2011, 06:24:27 AM
since there is no license on this mod you are not allowed to update the distribute to others you can post your changes but not the package. your mod package has been removed.

Robbo_ is kindly requested to adapt those changes and redistribute an update of his mod (to make things easier).

live627 has a commercial version of the same mod that supersede this mod and stores the shorting choice you make.
Quote from: live627 on September 20, 2011, 08:56:25 PM

The package consist of 4 files. You have to unpack them in a temporary directory and after you make the 2 (Yes two) edits, you will repack and upload for installation.

Use Notepad (or any text editor - NOT  MS Word or MS Wordpad) to edit the following files.

package-info xml
    Find <install for="2.0 RC3">
    Replace with <install for="2.0.1">

Find <uninstall for="2.0 RC3">
    Replace with <uninstall for="2.0.1">

Save changes and open next file for editing

install xml
    Find (starts on line 148 and ends on line 233) <file name="$themedir/Packages.template.php">
<operation><!-- view installed list, header -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="25%">', $txt['mod_version'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="49%"></th>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="10%">', $txt['mod_version'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', $txt['installed_on'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%"></th>]]></add>
</operation>
<operation><!-- view installed list, body -->
<search position="before"><![CDATA[$file['version'], '</span></td>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
<td><span class="smalltext">', timeformat($file['time_installed']), '.</span></td>]]></add>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available mods, header -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', $txt['mod_name'], '</th>
<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', $txt['mod_version'], '</th>
<th class="smalltext" width="49%"></th>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', sort_params_link($txt['mod_name'], 'mods', 'name'), '</th>
<th class="smalltext" width="10%">', $txt['mod_version'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', sort_params_link($txt['installed_on'], 'mods', 'time'), '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available mods, body -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
<td align="right">';]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
<td>', $package['time_installed'] == 0 ? $txt['not_applicable'] : timeformat($package['time_installed']), '</td>
<td align="right">';]]></add>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available avatar packs, header -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', $txt['mod_name'], '</th>
<add><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', sort_params_link($txt['mod_name'], 'avatars', 'name'), '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', sort_params_link($txt['installed_on'], 'avatars', 'time'), '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available avatar packs, body -->
</td>
<add><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
<td>', $package['time_installed'] == 0 ? $txt['not_applicable'] : timeformat($package['time_installed']), '</td>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available language (mod) packs, header -->
<add><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', sort_params_link($txt['mod_name'], 'languages', 'name'), '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', sort_params_link($txt['installed_on'], 'languages', 'time'), '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available language (mod) packs, body -->
</td>
<add><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available other, header -->
<add><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', sort_params_link($txt['mod_name'], 'other', 'name'), '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', sort_params_link($txt['installed_on'], 'other', 'time'), '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available other, body -->
</td>
<add><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
</operation>
</file>

Replace with <file name="$themedir/Packages.template.php">
<operation><!-- view installed list, header -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<th scope="col" width="25%">', $txt['mod_version'], '</th>
<th scope="col" width="49%"></th>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="10%">', $txt['mod_version'], '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', $txt['installed_on'], '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- view installed list, body -->
<search position="before"><![CDATA[$file['version'], '</span></td>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
<td><span class="smalltext">', timeformat($file['time_installed']), '.</span></td>]]></add>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available mods, header -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<th class="lefttext" width="25%">', $txt['mod_name'], '</th>
<th class="lefttext" width="25%">', $txt['mod_version'], '</th>
<th class="last_th" width="49%">]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', sort_params_link($txt['mod_name'], 'mods', 'name'), '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', sort_params_link($txt['installed_on'], 'mods', 'time'), '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available mods, body -->
</td>
<add><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available avatar packs, header -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<th width="25%">', $txt['mod_name'], '</th>
<th width="25%">', $txt['mod_version'], '</th>
<th width="49%"></th>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', sort_params_link($txt['mod_name'], 'avatars', 'name'), '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', sort_params_link($txt['installed_on'], 'avatars', 'time'), '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available avatar packs, body -->
</td>
<add><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available language (mod) packs, header -->
<add><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', sort_params_link($txt['mod_name'], 'languages', 'name'), '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', sort_params_link($txt['installed_on'], 'languages', 'time'), '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available language (mod) packs, body -->
</td>
<add><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available other, header -->
<add><![CDATA[<th class="smalltext" width="25%">', sort_params_link($txt['mod_name'], 'other', 'name'), '</th>
<th scope="col" class="smalltext" width="32%">', sort_params_link($txt['installed_on'], 'other', 'time'), '</th>
</operation>
<operation><!-- browse: available other, body -->
</td>
<add><![CDATA[ echo '
</td>
</operation>
</file>

Well done ?

OK, pack all 4 files in a .zip file, upload and install via your package manager.

Credits should go to Robbo_

www.sdtv.gr

Abandoned modifications that I corrected to apply on SMF 2.0 Gold
Simple Awards System  To award good members
Limit Posts Per Day  for over-posting members

Shades.

ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Inti31

I downloaded the package for 2.0 RC 3 and did a version runs fine for 2.0.2... - needful mod

all credits to Arantor which build up v.1.3 for 2.0 RC3

it includes german & english language - if it is not allowed to attach that mod feel free to delete it otherwise keep me informed - I am going to remove it...

cheers Inti31

Addition: After clarifying  - here is the mod I build up for 2.0.2 based on Arantors 2.0 RC3 +thx for that.
I  did a fresh install of SMF 2 and installed it by the packet manager and all works fine.
This mod is NOT reviewed by the SMF Team so feel free to use it or not. it comes without warranty.
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Arantor

You know you're not supposed to post packages without permission, and that the team are supposed to remove attachments, right?

In this case, I expressly give people to build off any mod I published here, so this might help someone. BUT, the team has not reviewed it.

Inti31

okay - nothing happenend - no one downloaded it - I removed my build for 2.0.2

sorry, as I said - thanks for your template which helps me to build my own working version...

bye Inti31
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

Arantor

Hey... I said you expressly COULD without any problems! It's all good :)

Just that the team haven't reviewed it.

Inti31

hmmh - so I could attach a modified version of yours but I have to state that this version is not reviewed - right?
Sorry for asking, I am not a professional and I am not involved in the rules.

So i have to state that this mod it not reviewed by SMF Team and that it is own risk to use it, right?

I won't take over your mod - all credits is yours, I just changed the code that it fits to the new version.
i did a fresh install of 2.0.2 and tested it only on my own...

cheers Inti31
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

Arantor

Nope, you don't even have to say that, you can do what you like in this case. But there's no arguing that it is more risk to the user unless they're prepared to review the package and check whether it's OK because it won't have been checked by the team. Most users don't even care about that anyway.

Arantor

Fortunately none of this is a problem for SMF 2.1 which has this built in now.

butchs

You are making it sound like 2.1 is ready to be released this month?
O:)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Arantor

Beta isn't that far away, when it locks features and we really go bug hunting.

Arantor

Also note this package has been updated for 2.0.7 (and I've taken it back over again)

PhuriousGeorge

Oh, just noticed the comment regarding this being implemented in 2.1.

* PhuriousGeorge does the happy dance - 1 less mod to add.

Kimmie

Advertisement: