News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Sortable Packages (and Installed Time)

Started by Arantor, December 23, 2009, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Quote from: Kimmie on August 28, 2014, 03:17:50 PM
Is this working for 2.0.8? Thanks

I see no reason why it wouldn't be working for 2.0.8 other than just not having been tweaked in the installer...

Kimmie

Quote from: ♥ on August 28, 2014, 03:28:05 PM
Quote from: Kimmie on August 28, 2014, 03:17:50 PM
Is this working for 2.0.8? Thanks

I see no reason why it wouldn't be working for 2.0.8 other than just not having been tweaked in the installer...

K thanks I will give it a go. If it works, I will just have to remember to uninstall it before I upgrade to 2.1.

Arantor

The upgrade to 2.1 will remove any mods anyway.

Kimmie

Quote from: ⬔ on August 28, 2014, 08:08:31 PM
The upgrade to 2.1 will remove any mods anyway.

I didn't realize that, thanks :). Does it remove them from custom themes as well?

Arantor

I would be extremely surprised if any 2.0 themes even worked properly on 2.1 without serious work anyway, meaning that when you upgrade you should find new themes.

Kimmie

Quote from: ⬔ on August 31, 2014, 12:48:21 PM
I would be extremely surprised if any 2.0 themes even worked properly on 2.1 without serious work anyway, meaning that when you upgrade you should find new themes.

I just recently spent over a month adding new themes to my site and getting all my mods to work on them. No way I will upgrade right now if I have to go through all that again.

Is the code for 2.1 that different from 2.0?

Arantor

Considering that 2.1 includes a responsive theme and drops main_block, yes.

Kimmie

I don't know what a responsive theme is, could you expand on that a little?

Arantor

Means it adapts to mobile and tablet better than a stock theme does.

There's also other changes, such as the profile/messages/alerts area moved to the top of the screen rather than being part of the main menu, on the basis that profile/messages aren't really 'site content' but user content, and then the main menu is left being 'site content' stuff.

margarett

In any case, 2.0.x will be supported for a long time so you don't really need to upgrade to 2.1 when it comes out ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Just installed this and wanted to say thanks. Works beautifully and will certainly help knowing what order my mods were installed in.

Thanks again. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Burke ♞ Knight

Arantor

2.0.9 makes a change in Subs-Package.php

Mod has:

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA['version' => $row['version'],]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'time_installed' => $row['time_installed'],]]></add>
</operation>

Needs to be:

<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA['version' => $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']($row['version']),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'time_installed' => $row['time_installed'],]]></add>
</operation>

Arantor

I am well aware that 2.0.9 makes changes to the package manager. I know this because I recommended half of them.

I will review this for updating once 2.0.9 is fully released and not before, because I'm aware of the scale of changes.

I suspect I will also have to re-review SimpleDesk for this change too, actually.

Burke ♞ Knight

Don't know on that one, as SD was installed earlier.
I found this, when I was redoing a site, and found that I had forgotten to install this mod long ago....LOL

Arantor

Yes, SD will likely have the same issue that caused 2.0.9 to be produced in the way it extends the package manager, so I will need to check.

SoehnelS

Gryzor

Apologies for resurrecting this thread :D

Installed the mod on my 2.0.11; it all seems fine, except for the fact that all my install mods appear not-installed and there's the Install command next to each of them... any ideas?

Arantor

It reads the status if installation from the database, nothing more. It should say exactly the same whether you had the mod installed or not.

Gryzor

This is so weird, I wonder what caused them to be marked as not installed! Can you tell me where in the db I can find this info?

live627

Advertisement: