News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Additional Forum Title

Started by vbgamer45, December 25, 2009, 08:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domscatterbrain

How do i install this mod since SMF Mod site always show 'modification could not be parsed.' and the link from Dr. Deejay is gone.

Silvershark78

OK...so this mod can rename my portal page to remove "index.php" correct? which effectively makes the url more proffesional. Will this work with search engine friendly/seo check box? and if I use this mod, will this harm my seo results and effectively kill my chances of my forum being found on search engines?
Also, my forum is accessible from my homepage. Do i need to change the link to the forum to match the exact name that I change the "index.php" title to? Or does this mod simply make the URL "appear" differently even though it is actually the same thing?
The concept of this mod is very appealing. But my forum is only two months old and I don't want to destroy the chances of my search engine results building over time

Still have lots to learn

aegersz

BTW, i was just testing this on my 2.0.11 system (heaps of mods on) and the Config panel does not show the additional field.

sorry to break it,. this is the error:

Undefined index: title_forum in /var/www/html/Sources/PortalMain.php on line 31, which says:

Quote$context['page_title'] = $context['forum_name'] . ' - '. (!empty($modSettings['title_portal']) ? $modSettings['title_portal'] : $modSettings['title_forum']) . ' ';
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

vbgamer45

It should be found under basic settings in the admin area.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dwev

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 22, 2016, 03:18:41 PM
It should be found under basic settings in the admin area.

This Mod installed without a problem, but since there aren't any "basic settings" in the Admin area it took me quite a bit of searching before I found where you can fill in the Additional Forum Titles.

Screenshot number 2 shows where to fill in the extra title is simply wrong, because you won't find anything in Configuration > Modification Settings.

Lucky for me screenshot 3 showed on top the setting for "Search engine friendly URLs", which is found in Configuration > Features and Options > General

And yes, that's where you'll find the fields where you can fill in your Additional Forum Titles.

Hope that this explanation will save someone else some time...   ;)

aegersz

thanks, another mystery solved !
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: