News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] SMFLadders (Gaming Ladder MOD)

Started by KiLLuMiNaTi-7-, January 11, 2010, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

This is mod is still in development and there's no set date for release as of yet.

SMF 2.0 only.

Brief Feature List for 1.0

• Ladder portal. (showing latest matches/challenges ect & announcements)
  • Team & 1v1 based ladders.
  • Choose when registration/gameplay start/ends for each ladder.
  • Group ladders into platforms for different game consoles.
  • Match finder similar to SMF's calendar.
  • Custom input fields for the create a team & challenge pages.
  • Unique ranking system.
  • Ability to use 1 team for multiple ladders

• Ladder Statistics.
  • Rules/FAQ pages.
  • Support for SimpleDesk.

Future versions

• Tournaments.
  • Free agents.
  • Map/Game Mode Randomizer.
  • Gamercard system similar to my site (http://www.gamercards.co.uk) but for showing team ranking stats instead.

Feedback and suggestions welcome ;)

JBlaze

Good luck! Sorry I couldn't help out with it, but as you said, I'm an extremely busy person ;)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Quote from: JBlaze on January 11, 2010, 05:24:21 PM
Good luck! Sorry I couldn't help out with it, but as you said, I'm an extremely busy person ;)

Thanks i might need it :P. Yeah no problem ;)

Arantor

Indeed, good luck!

While PHPRivals is, I understand, quite capable, something built into SMF itself and dedicated to SMF will be good too.

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Here's some early screen shots of what i've done so far (not that much done tbh because of a another side project ive been doing thats nearly done. so soon i'll be back on track on this and should have some more to show)

(click on images for full size)

These aren't just templates either. There is a lot of code behind them. I've only just recently tried to make them look nice. I have some more pages/functions done like the create a team/report a result but there not 100% complete yet and may change so no point in showing them.

Also bear in mind that im planning todo some more pages there just not all listed in the side bar menu just yet, thats all.

Another thing...I wasn't planning to post screen shots yet because im unsure how long this is going to take me as im a student atm and well you know the rest...So please dont ask when it will be done ;)

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

DasVON

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

dangermouse13

when will this be completed?
i could swear a few times if this actually gets finished (hopefully rc2 as well).

my only regret using smf is the total lack of gaming mods. thing is clans all the time are looking to change/move and try new sites and I can never recommend SMF due to its lack in gaming mods.

Killa if you get really into this stuff I have a very large Clan/Community (about 100 dedicated and linked to many other clan/communities (within Xbox Live mainly).
And have many ideas and programs we would like for someone to possibly build. We would obviously pay you to build them.

Example some programs:
1) Clan Match database with records of mathces, stats of players, win, loss, ratio's, played, maybe clan match heroe ladder with most wins etc.

2) Competition database style program with records kept of all internal competitions and their winners, runners up etc.

3) Complex medal system. We had this on old forums but cant seem to get it to work on here or find mods. Medals are 50x50 and we usually have 16 medal slots. They used to go in the profile post so all could see, below avatar but its difficult to fit on SMF forums. I was thinking maybe a scroll over popup gallery with the link (pic) on your profile, so members scroll on it and it displays the medals youve earned.

4) Clan Match CUstom Post field. So people have to follow the setout when filling in a thread with the clan match write up.

these are just a few and we'd pay for all of them to be honest.
so once this mod is done get back to me if you haev the time and interested.

Good luck!

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Quote from: JBlaze on February 06, 2010, 05:05:20 PM
Very nice! :D
Quote from: DasVON on February 07, 2010, 01:57:23 AM
Awesome Work .. KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

8)
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on February 07, 2010, 02:15:11 AM
Unbelievable  ;D

Quote from: dangermouse13 on February 14, 2010, 04:10:50 AM
when will this be completed?
i could swear a few times if this actually gets finished (hopefully rc2 as well).

my only regret using smf is the total lack of gaming mods. thing is clans all the time are looking to change/move and try new sites and I can never recommend SMF due to its lack in gaming mods.

Killa if you get really into this stuff I have a very large Clan/Community (about 100 dedicated and linked to many other clan/communities (within Xbox Live mainly).
And have many ideas and programs we would like for someone to possibly build. We would obviously pay you to build them.

Example some programs:
1) Clan Match database with records of mathces, stats of players, win, loss, ratio's, played, maybe clan match heroe ladder with most wins etc.

2) Competition database style program with records kept of all internal competitions and their winners, runners up etc.

3) Complex medal system. We had this on old forums but cant seem to get it to work on here or find mods. Medals are 50x50 and we usually have 16 medal slots. They used to go in the profile post so all could see, below avatar but its difficult to fit on SMF forums. I was thinking maybe a scroll over popup gallery with the link (pic) on your profile, so members scroll on it and it displays the medals youve earned.

4) Clan Match CUstom Post field. So people have to follow the setout when filling in a thread with the clan match write up.

these are just a few and we'd pay for all of them to be honest.
so once this mod is done get back to me if you haev the time and interested.

Good luck!

Theres no set date sorry.

Yeah im interested. Talk more when i've finished this then ;)

Thanks.

zapiy

Fella, long time know speak.. How is this coming along?
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

Sharb8

www.MyTopicforums.com
www.youtube.com/nbtbcsharb8

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Hi zapiy :)

Development has been going good but it's slowed down a bit now because some other sites/projects I'm involved in :-[

But here's a pic:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2pqvszk.png (just trying to get across some of the features it has)

This is a massive mod for one person so don't expect to see this done anyway time soon. To get an idea how long this may take...i wouldn't say i'm even close half way through yet.

I'm planning to pick up where i left off once i get a few paid mods out of the way. Also not that long a go i was speaking to a friend and me and him will be creating a new ranking algorithm similar to ELO system. Which im very excited to show off.

I'll post up some more progress when i make some lol

Sharb8

Quote from: KiLLuMiNaTi-7- on March 12, 2010, 03:52:02 PM
Hi zapiy :)

Development has been going good but it's slowed down a bit now because some other sites/projects I'm involved in :-[

But here's a pic:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2pqvszk.png (just trying to get across some of the features it has)

This is a massive mod for one person so don't expect to see this done anyway time soon. To get an idea how long this may take...i wouldn't say i'm even close half way through yet.

I'm planning to pick up where i left off once i get a few paid mods out of the way. Also not that long a go i was speaking to a friend and me and him will be creating a new ranking algorithm similar to ELO system. Which im very excited to show off.

I'll post up some more progress when i make some lol
alright man.. good luck
www.MyTopicforums.com
www.youtube.com/nbtbcsharb8

SebaS

Rav33n

Exactly what I've been requesting / looking for :D Good luck with your work.

Hopefully this will b available for SMF 1.1.x also?

~DS~

Quote from: KiLLuMiNaTi-7- on January 11, 2010, 05:08:56 PM
This is mod is still in development and there's no set date for release as of yet.

SMF 2.0 only.

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

SebaS

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

Advertisement: