News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Subs-RSS.php errors

Started by Spiker, January 13, 2010, 05:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiker

Hey guys, once again here again asking for your help.

I take it this is from the RSS Feeder mod, first of running the 1.1.4 version of it.

Ive been getting these errors (here is just small portion of the log):

/home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 843
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 1213
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 1707
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 1748
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 1768
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 1798
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 1868
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 2079
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 2083
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 2482
[11-Jan-2010 17:07:15] PHP Strict Standards:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 2497
/home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 9518
[13-Jan-2010 16:05:18] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::atom_10_construct_type() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 3318
[13-Jan-2010 16:05:18] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::change_encoding() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 15046
[13-Jan-2010 16:05:18] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::encoding() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 9517
[13-Jan-2010 16:05:18] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::encoding() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 9518
[13-Jan-2010 16:05:18] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::atom_10_construct_type() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 3318
[13-Jan-2010 16:05:18] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::change_encoding() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 15046
[13-Jan-2010 16:05:18] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::encoding() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 9517
[13-Jan-2010 16:05:18] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method SimplePie_Misc::encoding() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/namehere/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Rss.php on line 9518

And errors.log is giving me alot of headache. It gets so huge I need to delete it to not take up all my space.  I should say Im not php code savvy but I do know how to follow instructions.

So please if anyone know what can be the problem or what needs to be edited or alike post here it will be much appreciated. Or if you need anything else let me know. Really want to get rid of this space eater =).

Thanks for your time.

Norv

Is it your own server or is it a shared host?

It seems the server has PHP's "strict mode" on. It's usually a good idea to have it off, for production servers, it's useful perhaps for developers but on production it fills the error log as you say... not necessarily with very useful information.
It's not even the Rss mod's "fault" in itself, so much, by the looks of it, it's a few classes it uses, classes which are public domain and known to deal well with rss. (http://simplepie.org/)
I'd recommend to turn off the strict mode. To do that, you can edit your php.ini file (from PHP installation) to change the error_reporting level. (search for "error" in the file, you'll find the option and the recommended value for it, which is, I think, E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE)

The possible values are documented here http://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.constants.php

Note: if it's a shared server only your host can do that.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: